Chapter 12

Chapter 12 – unedited  (Written 1/7/2013)

*Monday, 3rd June* ~Five Weeks Pregnant~

Ara walks into school, unnoticed by anyone. Each morning she has to wake up around half an hour earlier to refrain her parents finding out when she throws up. She has to turn on the taps while doing this; it goes at night-time too. 

She does her best to hide this from her parents, and so far it's going really well. Her parents suspect nothing, and it helps a little when they go out of town for business trips. 

Ara tugs the ends of her Blue Pattern Stripe Hudson Hoody over her hands nervously, making her way towards her locker. She couldn't wait to get out of there, get her life started and fix the big jumbled mess. 

She could still pursue her dream of becoming a doctor, going through a medical course in college, and then eventually get into med school; it could provide money and shelter for her and her child. 

It also could help those in need – maybe she could bring her baby with her if he or she isn't starting school yet. But then she's got the modelling job, to help support herself while she's still in college. It's obviously not going to be a career for her, but it's better than prostitution or anything since cafe or restaurant working might not support her well. 

When Ara opens her locker, a neatly folded note falls out. Her name is printed in a fancy font, making her utterly confused. Who would want to send her notes? 

Curiously, Ara opens the neatly folded note. 

"Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

He's for me, not for you

If by chance, you take my place

You won't live to see another day. 

Don't bother telling, anyone about this.  Or I'll spread out your precious little secret. And yes, I'm talking about that 'little' secret you have growing in your stomach. You better keep your mouth shut, or I'll open mine."

Ara was shocked. Before anyone could notice, she folded it up repeatedly and hid it in the back of her locker for no one to find. Of course, when you get threatening notes, any normal person would throw this away and not think about it twice. 

But Ara was nearly killed; someone was out there to get her. So the best thing she can do is keep quiet and keep the messages – just in case the day the person gets caught she'll have proof or evidence. 

Ara was still confused, 'He's for me, not for you,' what did that even mean? Does that meant this person know who did this to her, the one who got her pregnant, the one who took her innocence? 

But she can't let that bring her down. This is a soon-to-be living, breathing human being who is going to be under her care. Even if the father of the baby may be unknown and chances are he's some old pudgy man, she has to put that behind and forget all about it. 

Jellybean is her top priority now. It's not like she can undo the past, what happened, happened. She could prevent it from happening again, but that won't change anything. 

Andrea glares at Ara as she walks by as if nothing happened – as if she wasn't the prime target that nearly got killed last Friday. Andrea was beyond pissed that it didn't work. It was James' fault, if he hadn't pulled her closer than it would have worked. 

No, it was the boy's fault. He failed to cut the rope quick enough. She thought. But then again, she decided to blame them all – since they all fit into the pieces.