Chapter 42

Chapter 42 - unedited.

Alessandro Di Bernado was as beautiful as his artwork. A new kind of sufficient beauty that left everyone in the village distraught and breathless. He would go past the boundaries of sculpting and painting, using his hands of magic that were said to be a gift from the Moon Goddess herself.

The girls all around the village would believe he was a prince, a beautiful prince disguised as a meer peasant, roaming around and creating art with the earth around him. He lived in a wooden house by himself, his family had been burned to death ten years before. But that never stopped him from putting that smile on his face everyday as he left to search for new materials everday.

No one knew, and no one expected him to be blessed with such luck and talent by the Moon Goddess, who took an awfully good liking towards the young werewolf in the village. He was handsome as can be, with beautiful dark brown hair and eyes the colour of the ocean far, far away.

His spirit was a kind one, he did good deeds and he would help anyone in need, always able to spare a few pounds for those hungry on the streets. And that's what dragged the Moon Goddess herself, the Great Luna, to admire such a handsome young man, to bless him with materials that no other man could find, and with talents that no man or woman could possess. And everyday he took the same path down valley hill, reaching towards the end of the well before he took the courageous walk through no man's land, where he would find diamonds brighter than the sun and clean wood that would flash underneath the moonlight. If he prayed the night before, he'd always find many more materials to sculpture or to paint with.

The day Alessandro Di Bernado met his true match, his mate for life, not even he knew it had been the Luna herself. Not the future Luna or the already mated Luna of the pack, but a much greater woman of high standard; The Moon Goddess herself disguised a young maiden scoarching through the village to overlook her kingdom.

She made Alessandro's heart leap right out of his chest, and it took mere minutes before he began to beg to paint her and all that there is to her beauty. And she nodded, taking the hand of the young man and allowing him to take her back to his small wooden house to where ready-made paint had been lying on his wooden palette, five colours ready to be mixed; white, black, red, blue and yellow.

The Moon Goddess, known to Alessandro as Charlotte, was simply ecstatic as the young man began to mix the paint together to receive desired colours, the muscles in his arms squeezing and tensing each time he mixed paint.

"How do you wish to be painted, my lady?" His words of affection made her blush, already being called his lady. But it is true, they are destined to be together.

"I wish to be painted with beauty. And love. And adoration. I wish to be painted the way I wish you to see me." The little seductress had claimed. She began removing the cloak around her neck, the peasant-like dress she wore exposed her shoulders and Alessandro had to clear his throat to keep his mind set.

"You're beautiful, my lady." He told her, his fingers reaching to gently caress her beautiful pale skin, running the back of his hand down her arm as she begins to remove her dress, slowly untying the corset without any help needed-which was quite impressive to Alessandro's eyes.

"Thank you." She said, before she laid on his bed, her body exposed and the think material draped carelessly over the precious, sacred parts to her anatomy. "I've been told you were a great artist, Alessandro. I've seen your paintings in my castle." She mentioned and he began carefully taking note of her curveous, luscious body. Her stomach was full, along with her breasts and in this century, she was considered a beautiful woman inside out, despite the dark main that ran over her head in long beautiful curls.

He took his time, painting every detail to the beautiful woman sinking into his sheets before he laid with her as Adam had done to Eve in the bible. He marked her as his the first night, as well as many more nights there had been to come.

But the world went dark and his fairytale was drizzled with stormy rain-the lustful love he had desired, his beautiful wife left him broken down. The opposing village had become a threat, they had gathered their forces to target the heart of the king-his beautiful daughter.

The Great Luna had known what was coming for her, the despair, the hope, the loss, but she knew, her soul and his will meet once again. But that time was not the time for their child to be born-she wasn't needed in that century, or particularly in that era-she was preserved for a time which was right, where she would come back and fight for the lives that could be lost.

Alessandro had crafted a hand-made chandelier as a gift to the King to wed his daughter-also an unmistaken apology for laying his daughter out of wedlock. The King had accepted, and allowed his daughter to be with her Soulmate. But when the timehad come for her to go, he was left on his bed crying, mourning for the loss of his mate and his child.

He kept the amulet she wore every day and every night, burying somewhere out of sight-so no man and no woman could ever find it-it was hidden in a place where only she could search for it. Every night he dreamt of his beautiful wife and mate, before the loss became too much, and he drowned himself in his bathtub, finally reuniting with the beautiful soul.

"Ara?" Xander called out, his voice worried, "Ara, wake up!" He whisper-yelled, his body slightly shaking as he looks at his beautiful mate lying on the floor in the library. Her body was only covered in a silk robe, but the knot she had tied was so loose, she was exposing a lot more than she felt comfortable to do so.

Her eyes began to flutter open, a wave of naseau hitting her mind and she was far too dizzy to stand up. He came behind her, resting her upper body on his lap as he reties the robe she had slipped on before her journey to the library. She had been sleepwalking, and Xander did not realise it until she instantly fell to the ground with a bang, his heart pounding in his chest and he had been begging for her to wake up.

Ara took in her surroundings, and her handsome mate who held her in his arms as if he wanted to never let her go ever again. "W-what happened? How did I get here?" She asked, sitting up properly and holding her hand with Xander's. He frowned.

"You were sleep walking. What were you dreaming about?" He asks her back and her lips purse into a thin line as she stares down at the carpeted ground, a mixture of navy blue and gold on the floor. And then her eyes open in realisation.

"Alessandro Di Bernado. It was like-it was like his life story. Starting from the moment he met his mate to the point where he inflicted death...he inflicted death on himself, Xander. He killed himself for the loss of his mate." Ara said in disbelief, her voice tired and her breaths ringing out in harsh pants.

Xander silently holds her, sweeps of his black hair falling across his forehead as he brushes his lips against Ara's hair.

She's still breathing hard, soft puffs of air escaping her dry sulked lips as if the dream had dragged all the colour out of her body and left her as a soulless being-it was like those moments when she finished reading a good book and she closes it, sitting there dazing into an infinite of nothing, thinking about nothing but feeling everything there is to just simply feeling.

"There was a voice inside my head, narrating everything I saw, explaining things that left me confused-I saw the truth." Ara slowly explains, sitting upright against Xander's back.

"What is the meaning of this?" He asks sufficiently, holding his mate in his arms, his thoughts clueless to what she had seen.

"It makes sense but there's no moral point to anything besides telling me that Alessandro was basically the Great Luna's mate." Ara tries to explain, but she could hardly wrap her head around things. She could hardly believe what she had been told in her dream.

She sighs once again, before falling limp in Xander's arms.