Chapter 28

Chapter 28 - unedited (Written 22/7/2013)

*Thursday 23rd June & Friday 24th June*

Xander finds himself in front of the familiar tall iron gates, their family crest carved in the middle. Caleb had stirred awake now and was rolling hot tears down his little face. 

The guards at the front recognise the large black purple-eyed wolf and immediately opened the gates for Xander, letting the family inside know that he was home. The spikey gates open quietly and Xander makes his way quickly. 

He hated it when his son was crying, it brought his heart to pain - even worse now that he's lost his mate. Xander's paws hit the familiar pavement as he trots quickly around the magnificent grand fountain. 

He paid no attention to his surroundings and made it his goal to get inside as quick as possible. When his paws made it to the marble steps, the door slowly swings open revealing his father. Waiting for no invite, he just invites himself in, hastily yet slowly letting Caleb to the floor in his car seat-stroller. 

His father was confused, mostly because his son just came strolling in in his wolf form carrying a car seat, which is holding a sobbing two year old purple-eyed baby boy. His mind was hazy and right now after closing the door, he was intimidatingly standing by the door with his arms crossed over his rough chest and his right foot impatiently tapping the front carpet.

Xander quickly phased back to his human form and stuffed his jeans. Right now, the least of his worries was his father - his son was crying and he was missing his mate. He'd take his angry pissed father over that any day.

Leaning down, Xander unclips the crossing belts of Caleb's car seat-stroller and picked him up, hugging him close to his bare chest as he tries to calm him by jiggling him up and down.

While turning in circles, he finally catches the menacing glare given from his father. Jonathon's eyebrows are raised at his son who was calming down a toddler.

"Explain?" Jonathon commands softly after Caleb's cries soften. Caleb now just rests his head on his father's bare shoulder in replacement for his missing mother.

"Long story short; we were hijacked on our car ride here and now my mate is missing! She's gone, Dad. Someone took her! Why do I keep losing her?" He cries over-dramatically, but whispering the last part for himself. He lost her once, now he wasn't willing to lose her - not after he's got her.

Jonathon's face turns into an unattractive unhealthy snarl. "I understand - you can tell me everything later, but right now we'll make sure we can get every perimeter checked. They should be close by, because it would take quite some time to get here." He tells Xander, his face softening for him. He unfortunately didn't know what it was like to lose a mate, but the wave of pain and loss rolling off of Xander is impossible to miss.

"O-okay. Do you happen to have some formula? Or diapers? In fact - we might need new things for Caleb, most of the things are left at the sight." Xander says sadly, rubbing his son's back in love and care. Right now, he really needed Caleb as a motive to get him determined. Not that he isn't, just to push himself over the limit.

Jonathon shakes his head. "I'll let the caretakers know about your son's needs. As for now, I will call up everyone else to let them know and be on the lookout." Xander just nods, leaving the room with Caleb in one and his carrier in the other. 

He went up the familiar lonely marble steps, self portraits of him and his siblings line up the wall, starting from him at the top to his youngest brother Paul at the bottom. The stairs had a clean velvet red carpet neatly lain over it, making the place truly seem very expensive and posh - which it is.