Chapter 29

Chapter 29 - unedited (Written 27/7/2013)

*Saturday 25th June*

Xander runs out into the woods in his midnight black wolf form. It was early morning, eight am to be exact. He had left Caleb with the one person he trusts - his mother. He indeed did feel guilty about leaving him in his mother's care, but right now he had to get back Caleb's mother.

Their bond was strong - very strong especially since he hadn't marked within three years. It was already like they were mated, just without the mark. But without that mark, it was physically killing Xander. The only thing honestly keeping him alive mentally and physically was Ara. How close he was to her, his feelings towards her and small feelings he can feel from her back.

In fact, it was quite overwhelming for him. As soon as he got her back, he'd straight away mark her or probably tell her about it, then mark her. It's been two years, nearly three and it's time. Most werewolves like him wouldn't last a day, maybe that is exaggerating but they wouldn't last as long as he has. He's forced himself to wait for Ara's wishes - and a guy who is willing to wait with you is definitely a keeper.

It's probably the only thing he can do - wait for her.

"Can you feel anything, sir?" One of the pack warriors asks Xander through their pack-bond-mind-link. It was very useful to have it, especially during rogue fights.

Xander mentally sighs, as he cannot do it in wolf form. "Just a bit, coming down west towards France. The bond's insanely strong for an unmated couple, already feels like we're mated. But I have a strong feeling that she is in France." He replies to not only the warrior, but to everyone who has come out on this expedition with him.

"Xander, we can head to France tomorrow. Sebastian is planning on flying over soon with his mate and her best friend. We need all the help we can get and they won't let us go unless they're there with us." Xander's father explains, trotting up to Xander who at the moment is sniffing out the air and focusing on his and Ara's bond.

Lowering his head, he nods sadly. He knew that he'd have to wait for Sebastian and Faith - this is her best friend who's been kidnapped, and she'd have his head if he doesn't let her tag along. But mostly, he's just anxious to find her and to find her quickly before it's too late.

The fifteen wolves all race back to their village-like city from the forest, each one breaking into fast unhuman-speed sprints. Xander's black wolf leading the small amount of his pack that had attended. So far, they were heading out to see if Xander or anyone would catch the scent of Ara or unknown rogue wolves on their territory.

They had found unknown wolf scents, but had the smell stop and completely vanish into thin air, probably because they became smart enough to hide it.

As for the five wolves that Xander had easily knocked out were brought into the cellars and will be used for questioning until appropriate punishment is decided - the fewer questions they refuse to answer the harsher the punishments will become.

All the other wolves return to their homes or the Pack House returning to either families or the comfort of their room. Xander and his father walk into their large mansion-like castle both cleanly dressed after their long search.

Xander runs a hand through his hair stressfully. He was nearly in tears, not being able to find his beautiful mate right here with him. Maybe his son might make him feel better; it numbs the pain much more.

Thinking about the idea, he follows his son's scent, along with a very familiar one but it was remained unknown. Slightly confused, he furrows his brows as he walks towards his large marble kitchen.