Chapter 16

Chapter 16 – unedited (Written 4/7/2013)

*Saturday 1st March* ~9 Months and 2 days pregnant~

Ara sits on her archer couch bed, her big stomach refraining her to do anything. Her new and now best friends, Faith and Heather are sleeping over, even if they live right next door. Faith was in the kitchen preparing her famous hot chocolate with waffles as Heather decides to laze around with her other bestie. 

"I cannot wait for my boy to come out. Seriously, I bet we're over the due date! I'm so tired of being a whale." Ara jokingly groans to her friends. Heather just laughs and continues watching mean girls. 

Heather was a petite Auburn headed girl. She stood 5'3" but can be very feisty and isn't afraid to speak her opinion. She may be bold and brave on the outside but inside, she's a girl anyone could love. While Faith is more of a go-with-the-flow kind of girl, who seems all nice and kind – that is if you get on her good side. If you do anything bad to her or her friends, she will make sure you sleep with one eye open. 

"I know! I can't wait to see the little buddy. Hey, thinking about it now, where is little Caleb's dad?" Heather asks, unknown to how Ara might react to it. Caleb is the Ara's baby, well what she's planning to name him after loads of name searching. 

Ara was a little taken back by it and froze to the spot. With all she had been doing, she never ever reminded herself of that horrible night. She used to stay up all night and make sure she has a night light on. 

"Oh...I'm sorry, I shouldn't of asked, that was a stupid question. Ignore me." Heather quickly covered up. They never asked during their short period of friendship, afraid to hurt her feelings after noticing no man ever came to Ara's rescue. 

"No– no. It's okay. I should really tell someone about this, I couldn't just keep it locked up inside forever. I– I'll let you know when Faith comes back, 'cause I'm really in the mood for those waffles." Ara says kindly. It was right, though, she had to tell someone and it's better to get it over with and done than never tell anyone and live in fear. 

Ara sighs, leaning against the couch, her large stomach can really be a pain when trying to get comfortable. Heather leans against the couch while sitting on the floor while Faith walks in with waffles piled up on a plate and hot chocolate. 

There was no space to put it so she just left it on the floor for everyone to grab. 

"You know, you should get a coffee table Ara. It'd make your life easier." Faith suggests, taking a waffle and sipping her hot chocolate." 

"I want to make sure this is one hundred percent baby-proof. Plus, I could lay my baby on the floor if he wants and I'll have more space." She answers simply. 

"But you can afford this apartment on your own instead of having a roommate. No offense Faith. I love you and all but you snore!" Heather says laughing. Ara laughs to while Faith jokingly rolls her eyes. 

"Very funny."

"Well, my job helps me afford this. Remember my aunt's reaction when I told her I was pregnant?" Ara starts. Faith and Heather's eyes widen and they laugh harder. 

"Oh my gosh, I swear I thought she was going to explode!" Faith says between laughs. They were both there for moral support when Ara was going to tell her aunt she was pregnant. For about two months she managed to hide it since it was a small bump, but eventually it got a little big and she went to tell her aunt. 

Her aunt had a priceless reaction; she nearly fell out of her seat. But she was sworn to secrecy to not tell Ara's parents in exchange for the story. So far, Mariah is the only one who knew the true story of Ara and how she got pregnant.