3-6

Nadine leant further into the cosy softness of Kimberley's bed sheets, her fingers tapping away rhythmically at the side post as she watched the girl rush around the room. "Why are you so nervous?" she curiously asked, noticing the tiny beads of perspiration dripping from her brow, the worry lines ached across her features.

Kimberley looked at her for a split second, in total disbelief as to how her friend could ask such a ridiculous question. "Erm, well... I'm just about to have a date with the most famous and gorgeous woman in Britain! You tell me!" She hadn't planned on making her words sound so harsh, and within seconds she found herself apologizing. "I'm sorry babe. I guess I'm just petrified of what's to come." Walking over to the bed, she sat down at the foot of it.

"Awk hun, come here." Nadine sat up and wrapped her arms around the blonde. "What are you so nervous about? You know you can tell me anythin', don't you?"

"What if she expects me to sleep with her tonight?" 

They had gotten to that stage in their friendship where they could talk about anything, and her confession didn't seem to phase her, nor did it phase Nadine.

"You know Cheryl would never expect anythin' like that from you babe. And even if she is gaggin' to get her hands on that amazin' body of yours..." There was a giggle from the older woman, and Nadine found herself smiling before she continued. "You know Cheryl wouldn't force or put any pressure on you."

"It's not that I don't want to or anything," Kimberley mumbled, more to herself and for her own benefit rather than Nadine's.

"Then what is it?"

"I'm scared." It had been two weeks since they a became a couple, and in those two weeks she hadn't even admitted that to herself. "I'm worried," she corrected, changing her mind, thinking she couldn't possibly be scared of sex.

Nadine gave a quizzed look, her hand soothingly stroking up and down her back. "Worried about what?"

It was ok talking about having sex, but when it came to detail, that was when Kimberley found herself blushing. Taking a deep breath, she broke eye contact with her best friend of seven years and glanced down towards her fidgeting hands. "I'm scared I can't... you know..." she started, briefly looking back up and willing in friend to catch on, so she didn't have to say it out loud.

Nadine remained silent.

"I'm scared I can't please her." Buring red with embarrassment, Kimberley brought her hands up and buried her face in them. "I've never been with a woman before," she added, her voice muffled.

Reaching for the girls wrists, Nadine pulled her hands away and forced her to look up. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sex just... sex? The only difference being the fact that you don't have a certain somethin' danglin' between your legs? Well, the last time I saw you in the buff you didn't!"

Kimberley found herself laughing, her confession seemingly stupid and insignificant at that point. "I suppose you're right."

The Irish girl nodded in response. "Of course I'm right, I'm Nadine!"

* * * * * 

Kimberley stood infront of the large mirror. She just stood there looking at herself, frowning. "Why would she want someone like me?" she quietly asked herself, bewildered with the thought. "Why would someone like her want someone like me!?" she asked again, wishing that glass could provide her with a valid answer to her question. 

She felt herself getting angry at the person staring back, although, she was even confused herself as to why.

Before she had the chance to produce any tears, the ones that she knew would come, the doorbell sounded, breaking her from her thoughs. She looked down towards Pixie who had began to bark.

It could only be one person.

"Kimberley!? I'll be goin' now, ok babe? That will probably be Cheryl! Do you want me to let her in?" she heard Nadine shout from the bottom of the stairs, and she pursed her lips together.

"Ok. Thanks for coming over and helping me. Yeah, let her in!" She shouted back. 

"Have a nice night."

She was aware of the two woman chatting in her hallway, the sound of the Geordie's familiar, infectious laugh rung in her ears which made her smile with pride. 

Is there such a thing as too much pride though? Because for Kimberley pride soon turned into floods of tears, and she didn't know why or what was the cause of them. Pride? Self-pity? Fear?

They had been together for two weeks and it was only then that the enormity of the situation dawned on her. They'd have to tell family and friends, not to mention the amount of attention Cheryl would receive if she openly spoke about their relationship to the press.

"Babe..."

She turned at the sound of the Geordie's tones.

"Kimberley?" Cheryl asked, fear enloping her body. "Kimberley, what is it?"

The blonde suppressed the urge to have a total breakdown and instead she walked towards her scared looking girlfriend. 

"Please, say something. You're scarin' us," Cheryl whimpered as she watched her approach, her arms reaching out.

"Promise me everything will be ok," whispered Kimberley, holding her close. "Just tell me everything will be ok and I'll be fine."

Cheryl pulled back, eventually she realized. "I can't make promises like that," she said, her head shaking in the process. She took one look at Kimberley's crumbling face, her flawless features conveyed only one thing... pain. "But, I can promise you this... I'll do my damnedest to make sure everythin' is ok each minute of every single day. That is one thing you can be absolutely sure of."

The words pulled on Kimberley's heart stings. Reaching up to stroke the woman's cheek, she smiled through her tears. "You can't even begin to imagine how much you truly mean to me," she sniffed before leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss upon her soft lips. 

Cheryl flicked her eyes shut as she kissed her back, her arms snaking aroung her tiny waist, accentuated by the tight dress she was wearing. She ran her  hands over the material, round towards the small of her back, slowly edging down towards her bum. No one could make her feel the way Kimberley could. The fluttering butterflies she got whenever they kissed. The undeniable rush of adrenaline she felt whenever the touched. The way her heart skipped a beat when they merely even glanced at one another.

Kimberley moaned when the small hands cupped her pert bottom. She wasn't sure if it was all the emotion was feeling at that moment in time, but never had she felt so turned on in her entire life. Deeping the kiss, she slowly began to move them over to the bed, one hand placed lovingly on the woman's waist while the other tangled loosely in the her brunette locks. "So much," she mumbled onto her lips, referring back to her earlier statement.

Cheryl smiled, her mind only half working as she felt herself being pushed back gently onto the soft, puffy covers. She wanted it, she really did, but she was also a little apprehensive, unknown to Kimberley, of course. "Baby," she sighed, reluctantly pushing her away.

The blonde frowned as she looked down at the girl lying beneath her, her lips red from kissing and her eyes shinning with want. "Are you ok?"

"Amazin', honestly! But..." Cheryl started, reaching up to tuck a few loose strands of hair behind her ear. "I'm a little nervous. I really... really want you, but I'm not sure if I'm ready yet."

Kimberley laughed at her response, and her eagerness to get across the point of how much she wanted her. "It's ok," she smiled, a little glad herself. "We have all the time in the world." She watched as Cheryl nodded her head in agreement. 

"We do indeed."

There was a silence, Kimberley sucked into alternative universe, one where all she could think about was how gorgeous the Geordie lass truly was. She looked gorgeous. She sounded gorgeous. She even danced with some sort of gorgeous rhythm! In her eyes there was nothing that could hinder how beautiful she was, inside and out. 

"So..." Cheryl smiled. "What are you cookin' me to eat Chef Ramsay?"

Kimberley laughed. "Anythin' you want baby. Anything at all."