1-20

"Congratulations on your engagement, baby!" one of Nadine's employees, Adam, said. 

I laughed when Nadine squealed, pulling him into a hug. "Thanks!"

He then turned to me. "Hey sexy," he winked.

I smiled back at him, my arms opening for a hug. "Hello you," I greeted.

He was such a sweet kid, but God was he camp! 

"So, where is this new man of yours?" 

His face seemed to change from that of a happy one to an offended looking one. "Ooh... we're history, darlin'!" he sighed, his hands flying about in all directions. "He was sleepin' with another man behind my back! Imagine that!?"

Nadine gasped. "What a prick!" she said, my head nodding in agreement.

"Aww... I'm so over it!" he insisted, forcing a smile. "And anyway... I've got my eye one someone else," he added, drooling over Jason as he approached.

Nadine, having noticed, smacked his arm. "Oi!" she giggled. "He's my man... not yours. And anyway... he's straight."

"I can turn any man gay, honey!"

I giggled at him, my hand extending to pinch his cheek. "You're so cheeky!"

"Glad you could make it, Adam." Jason smiled as he reached us, his arm wrapping itself around Nadine's waist.

"I wouldn't of missed it for the world!" Adam replied, holding out the gift he had brought. "Here you go guys."

"Let me take that," I smiled. "We have a room through that back for them."

As Nadine and Jason thanked him, I made my way across the packed dancefloor, talking to the occasional familiar face before heading for the little room at the back of the club.

"God!" I laughed, eyeing up the mountain of presents. When Nadine said she wanted a massive engagement party she didn't half mean it.

After placing the nicely wrapped gift down, I made my way back to the party, which was already in full swing.

"Kimberley!" I heard someone call.

Turning, I sought them out, smiling when I saw my mum waving me over. Politely pushing my way through the, still pack, dancefloor, I made my way over, sitting down at the table. "You havin' a good time?" I asked her.

"I am, dear," she beamed.

I then turned to my dad. "Are you?" I smiled while taking hold of his hand.

He let out a chuckle, waving his pint glass about.

"And that will be your last," my mum cut in, earning a sigh for him.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Aww... leave him alone, he's having a good time."

"He's not meant to be drinking!" she replied.

"Come on now... one or two more won't hunt," I laughed while throwing him a cheeky wink.

Seemily on my side, he nodded in agreement.

"Alright then," she sighed, giving in. "One more!"

Getting up, I pointed to his glass. "Do you want the same?" I asked.

He gave me an annocent look... as if butter wouldn't melt. "Yes," he managed, handing me the empty one.

"I'll get you some nibbles from the buffet too."

* * * * * 

A cold shiver racked my body as I stumbled out of the back door, my head feeling light all of a sudden as the cold hit me. "F*ckin' freezin'!" I said to myself, making my way over to the little wall opposite me and sitting down.

"To much of anything can make you sick..."

"Great!" I sighed to myself, recognizing the lyric and the voice straight away.

Even when she wasn't there, she still was! How ironic!?

I was broke out of my thoughts when the door opened, Nadine appearing. "Babe..." she slurred, heading in my direction. "What are you doin' out here!? It's freezin'!"

I ignored her question. "Ironic, isn't it?" I sighed.

"What?" she frowned before sitting down beside me, wrapping her arm around my waist.

"How she isn't here, but she still is."

I could feel the tears welling up, my emotions taking over.

"Ooh... the song," she gasped, eventually clicking. "I'm sorry," she apologized. "The drinks goin' to my head. And I told that f*ckin' DJ..."

"Don't worry about it," I sniffed, a tear falling for my eye. "I think it's time to let go, don't you think?"

"Kimberley!" she gasped, her hands clutching onto my arm. "You can't just give up, you need..."

"She doesn't care, Nadine! If she did... she would be here, wouldn't she?"

"She might just be busy, babe," she sighed, trying her hardest to make me feel better.

"You sent the invitation weeks ago."

I knew if she wanted to see me, she would have come. It was time to stop. She clearly didn't want to know.

"I need to stop texting and phoning her." Wiping the tears from under my eyes, I composed myself. "Five months is a long time without contact... it's so obvious she doesn't want to know."

"But, she might..."

"And do you know what?" I started, cutting her off. "I don't blame her."

Wrapping her arms around me once more, she pulled me close. "What about that letter you wrote her? How could she possibly shrug that off?"

"She didn't, though," I sighed.

"What do you mean?" Pulling back, she attempted to wipe my fresh set of tears away.

"I didn't sent it, Nadine. I couldn't bring myself to do it."

"Why?" she gasped, her head shaking in disbelief.

"Because... it wouldn't have made a difference."

Note from the author Ok, so you might already know that I said there would be a sequel (which I grudge to call) I would rather refer to it as a Part 2. I will not be changing the title and will keep it posted in this topic. I only ended it there because I wanted to change it a little. I really do hope that makes sense to you all