2-12

"Oh, you're up!" I gasped, walking into the kitchen.

Sarah nodded as I flicked on the kettle. "Do you want tea or coffee?"

"Nah," she moaned, nursing a bottle of water and a box of parcetmol between her hands. "Is Nicola still asleep?"

"Aye. Where's the tea bags again?"

She pointed a finger to the cupboard above me before her head flopped back down onto the kitchen table. "I wish I was still in bed."

"Go back then," I laughed, grabbing the milk from the fridge.

I continued to make my tea, my own head thumping in the process. If I had been in my own flat I would of possibly stayed in bed all day.

"So..." I started, sitting down opposite her. "Why are you up?"

"Can't sleep."

We fell into a peaceful silence as I sipped at my tea, her hands cupping both her cheeks as she stared across at me.

"What?" I questioned, slightly uncomfortable.

She shook her head. "You don't remember, do you?"

Good old Sarah, always willing to bring up something I'd rather forget.

"Remember what?"

"God! You were wasted last night," she told me. "I've never saw you that bad... I mean really drunk!"

Ashamed, I hung my head. "I know, Ashley text me last night."

It was no excuse, and I knew that, but it had put me down, just when I was moving on with my life he had to pop back up again.

"What did he say?" 

I reached for my bag, the one I had chucked down beside the table that night, and pulled out my phone, totally forgetting that I had deleted the message. "F*ck!" I cursed. "I deleted it as soon as I had read it."

She let out a sigh. "It doesn't really matter what he said to be honest. The fact of the matter is, he shouldn't of text."

"It repulsed me," I admited. "He called be baby and had a damn cheek to tell me I looked gorgeous!"

I watched her as she reached out her arm, taking my hand with her own. "Never mind him. You should block his number or something."

Once again, I looked back down at my phone, noticing a text from Nadine.

I don't know what your problem is Cheryl...

but what you said to Kimberley was bang out of order!

What she did was wrong, and she knows that.

She regrets it everyday.

But come on, it was over a year ago.

She didn't even sell the story.

I'd advise that if you want to stay in contact you apologize.

You have really hurt her.

"What the f*ck did I say to Kimberley!?" I worryingly asked.

And that was when it all came flooding back.

"Tell me Kimberley..." I bitterly sneered. "Where you tryin' to get a kiss and tell too?"

She looked like a dear caught in the headlights as she glanced at the rest of the girls, all scattered around Sarah and Nicola's living room.

"Cheryl, come on," Nadine firmly warned, a warning I took great pleasure in ignoring.

"Go on..."

Everyone's eyes were fixed on me, Kimberley pleading with me to stop, Nadine warning me not to continue and both Sarah and Nicola stuck for words.

"It's ok, don't worry about what people think, everybody in this room knows about us and how I tried to sh*g you!" My voice was growing louder, tears threatening my eyes.

"Cheryl," Nicola soothed, placing her hand on my arm. "Babe, calm down."

"It's somethin' I want to know!"

My blood was boiling, the look in her eye was making it worse, it was the look that I had saw everytime I caught my own reflection. I didn't want her feeling sorry for herself like I had, I wanted her to feel sorry for me.

"How much were you goin' to get then? Hundreds? Thousands? Tell me how much I'm worth, eh?"

Her gaze dropped to the floor, Nadine's arm snaking around her waist as she whispered something into her ear, which Kimberley responed to with a nod.

"Could you phone us a taxi?" Nadine asked.

I saw Sarah reaching for the phone, Nicola taking it from her.

"I'll do it," she told her. "They won't be able to make head nor tail of what you're saying."

Again, I stared over at Kimberley. "Did you enjoy it?"

For the first time, she looked up at me through her soaked lashes. "What?" she sniffed.

"Humiliating me? Did you really like me at all?"

She stood up, Nadine right behind her. "Of course I did," was all she said as they both walked by, heading from the hallway.

"You were a real b!tch to her," Sarah spoke. "She was so upset."

The image of her waiting outside the apartment complex, her head hung over Nadine's shoulder and her arms wrapped weakly around her waist made me wince, my heart breaking.

"You shouldn't of invited them back," I sighed, as if trying to justify my inappropriate actions.

"You were the one that invited them! It was like you just snapped, one minute you were laughing away and dancing with her... the next you were jumping down her throat."

"I feel terrible," I uttered, my hands fidgeting with the mug infront of me. I closed my eyes and drew a deep breath. "Why can't I just let go Sarah?"

"Probably because you haven't told her how hurt you were, how much you did like her."

I nodded. "You're right."

"Why don't you write your feelings down? Or write lyrics or something. Artist do that, right?"

"It could help," I smiled, patting her hand, thinking nothing of her suggestion. "Thanks."

"It's ok," she responded. "But... I really think you should text Kimberley."

"Aye..." Getting up from my chair, I tucked it under the table before rinsing my mug out. "I'm goin' to do it now," I told her as I headed for the door leading to the living room.