2-6

"I knew this was a bad idea," I mumbled as we made our way over to the table we'd be eating our meal at. I could feel everyones eyes on me, which wasn't uncommon, but not in this kind of situation.

"So, what did she say to you?" Sarah asked for the hundredth time.

I rolled my eyes at her. "How many times do I need to tell you!? Nothing. She hardly spoke two words." As a I said this I turned to look at the head table.

She was looking at me.

Quicky she looked away, trying to act like she wasn't staring, to which I shook my head at. She couldn't even look at me let alone and talk to me. And I defiantly wasn't going to be the one making the first move.

We all sat down at our table, me in between my mum and Tommy. Great! I was the one facing the head table. "Swap with me," I whispered to Nicola.

She shook her head. "No, I like it here." 

I could tell by the smirk on her face that she knew what she was doing. "You're such a *Female Dog*, you know that!?"

"Could everyone please raise the roof for Jason and Nadine aka Husband and Wife?" someone asked in their American tones.

That's when I realized that there were, indeed, a lot of Americans. Maybe that had something to do with why no one had bothered me?

Everyone stood up, clapping wildy as they entered, holding hands and smiling happily at each other. I could see Kimberley giving Nadine a kiss on the cheek as they walked by.

* * * * *

The dinner was nice, but the awkward glances that were exchanged between myself and Kimberley had gotten out of hand. If I wasn't looking over at her, I'd catch her sneaking peeks at me.

I listened intently as Jason stood, nervously giving his speech. He was looking down as Nadine as she constantly wiped away the tears from under her eyes. They were sweet together, even if they didn't look like the usual couple. Jason was massive with bulging muscles and tattoos while Nadine was stick thin with her long legs and petite frame. Never the less, they were in love and that was all that mattered.

"Now!" he started. "Let's boogie!" 

I could see Nadine chuckle at her husbands interesting choice of words before pulling him in for a kiss.

* * * * * 

I was sat engrossed in conversation with Sarah when a felt I hand on my shoulder, trying for my attention. I turned and gave a smile. "Hey, Nadine." Getting up from my seat, I pulled her into a hug. There was no point casuing an atmosphere between us on her wedding day. It wouldn't of been fair. "You look gorgeous!" I continued.

She pulled away grinning from ear to ear. "I'm glad you decided to come," she told me before greeting the rest of the girls and their partners.

"Do you want more drinks?" she asked, observing the empty glasses littered around our table.

"Ye..."

"If you don't mind," Sarah cut in.

I rolled my eyes, before sitting back down, my arm still wrapped around Nadine's waist. My gaze fell to the corner of the room, a man had his hand draped across Kimberley's shoulder and he was whispering into her ear. 

"Has anyone been bothering you?"

I looked up at the Irish woman. "What?" I asked.

"Has anyone being bothering you?" she repeated.

Eventually clicking, I shook me head. "They haven't," I laughed, shocked at my own surprise.

"Good," she giggled. "I told people there was a chance of you comin'." Winking, she reached out to take hold of my hand. "I didn't actually think you would."

I kept my tone quiet as I responded. "I did a lot of thinkin' and I realized I should at least hear what she has to say."

She nodded at me. "I'm honestly so happy about it. I'm so happy you came. I really wanted all of you here."

"I'm happy we came."

* * * * * 

Placing down my glass, I pushed myself up. "I'm just poppin' to the loo," I shouted to my mum, as she was the only one left at the table, everyone else away dancing. 

"Do you want me to come?" she asked.

"It's ok," I smiled. "I won't be a minute."

Making my way there was a little bit more difficult than I had anticipated, the alcohol making me light-headed. I pushed the door opened and smiled as a little girl came walking out of the cubicles.

"Cheryl," she gasped.

"Hey, sweetie," I giggled. "How are you?"

"Erm... fine," she stammered.

"Chloe, who are you talki..."

I gave a weak smile as Kimberley came walking out one of the other cubicles. "Cheryl..." she sighed. God! Was I that bad? 

"Kimberley," I replied in a casual tone.

"Can I get a picture with you?"

I looked down at the little girl. "Of course, cutie."

"Ok," she squealed, already half way out of the door. "I'm goin' to get my phone off of dad."

"Chloe you need to wash your..." Kimberley started but soon realized she wasn't listening.

I looked up at her, shaking my head. I couldn't take it anymore. "I thought you wanted to explain?" I frowned.

My words seemed to take her by surprise as she let out a sigh. "I do... I want..."

"Well, you're not doin' a good job, are you?" I spitefully cut in.

She bowed her head. "I didn't want to come straight out with it."

I laughed sarcastically. "So... what did you expect? We would see each other and I'd forget all about what happened. And eventually we would get round to talking about it? You haven't even set foot anywhere near me except from when you walked in when your mum was cleaning me foot!"

Shaking her head, she looked back up. "No, I just didn't want..."

"Got it!" 

We both turned as Chloe came running back in, waving a camera above her head.