3-2

"Oh! I think we should try out me new indoor pool!"

Kimberley, being a little more sober than the Geordie girl, shook her head. "I don't think that's a very good idea when you're drunk babe."

"Awww God! F*ck Kimberley, live a little will ya!" Sarah cut in, swaying a little to the side as her and Nicola stumbled arm and arm through Cheryl's front door. "Or maybe, you could get your kit off, sit up on a highchair with your float and whistle, and watch over us?"

Nadine burst out laughing, much to the disapproval and annoyance of her best friend who glared at her. 

"Come on babe." The feeling of small hands on her bottom provoked Kimberley to turn, Cheryl's pleading eyes looking back up at her. "I didn't invite you back to me house to be borin'! It'll be fun!"

* * * * * 

Kimberley watched on as her four drunk friends splashed about in the pool, all giggling like little school girls who were doing something she shouldn't.

"Come on Kimberley!" Nicola shouted, breaking her from her thoughts. "Just take your kit off!" she winked whilst pointing to their pile of dresses beside her feet. "And get in here!"

Cheryl nodded her head in agreement. "Please Kimba!"

The blonde shook her head. "I'd have went into the jacuzzi."

"Well..." Cheryl started, swimming up to the ledge of the pool. "It's got no water in it yet." A cheeky smile formed on her lips. "Go and boil the kettle. It might take a while to fill but it would be so worth it!" she winked. 

Kimberley giggled. "Very funny!" 

"Kimberley! Just get your arse in here!"

She pulled back when she felt a hand graps hold of her ankle. "Don't!" she warned, looking down at the Geordie lass. 

Cheryl ignored her, smiling wickedly as her grip grew tighter.

"Cheryl! I've still got my dress..."

A chorus of cheers sounded, everyone turning to face the two girls.

"You f*cking b*tch!" Kimberley cursed as she resurfaced, her drenched hair framing her soaked face. "I've got my dress on!" she raged, an eyeliner and mascara mixture running from her eyes.

"I've got me underwear on," Cheryl innocently replied, finding the whole situation hysterical.

"Exactly!"

* * * * * 

"You still in a mood with me?"

Kimberley shrugged, still with her dress on she bobbed about in the corner, watching as the other girls splashed about. "Don't worry about it," she coldly told the brunette infront of her.

Cheryl, feeling a little quilty, moved closer, wiping a few strands of blonde hair away from her face. "I'm sorry Kimba. I just wanted you in here with me babe," she tried, hoping her cheesy tactics would work.

Kimberley's pout softened, a small smile crept onto her flawless features. 

"So..." Cheryl started, noticing this. "Are we good now?" she winked whilst moving closer, her face merely inches away from the girls. Looking into her eyes, she could see the sparkle returning. 

"Yeah."

* * * * * 

"What's this!?" Sarah more or less shouted as she sat down on one of Cheryl's plush couches wearing one of her housecoats. Placing her glass of wine down onto the table infront, she picked up the piece of paper.

"Nothin'!" Cheryl replied, reaching out to grab it. "Give us it!"

Ignoring her completely, the blonde hopped off the side. "I sit around and wonder," she began to read. 

"Sarah!"

"About the fire in your eyes."

Everyone stared at the girl, listening contently to what she was reciting.

"The movement of your fingers."

"The way you slowly complicate my life."

By that point, Cheryl was bright red. She looked up at Kimberley, only to find the girl staring straight back at her.

"From the time we spent together."

"Please Sarah!" she begged.

"Which is what led to our demise."

"And how we can never say never."

Beyond embarrassed, Cheryl got up.

"But I struggle to make it through most nights."

Leaving the room, she felt the tears slowly begin to fall. She wasn't mad at Sarah for reading it. She was mad at herself for leaving it there.  

After it had been suggested to her, she had took up writing her own lyrics. It was something she found herself doing more and more. It was somewhat relaxing to her.

* * * * * 

Kimberley pushed the door open gently, smiling when she caught sight of the girl lying on the bed before her. 

"Kimberley?"

"Oh, I didn't wake you did I?"

Cheryl turned onto her side, smiling when she caught sight of her friend standing at the door. "Nah, I was already awake babe. I can't sleep."

Kimberley nodded before she turned to leave again.

"Where are you goin'?"

"Back to bed. I just wanted to check you were ok."

There was a silence as both women gazed at each other.

"You can come in beside me if you want," Cheryl said, breaking it, her fingers fidgeting nervously with the sides of her small shorts as she waited from an answer.

Kimberley smiled before making her way over and climbing in beside the girl. Once settled, she turned onto her side, so she was facing her. "Are you ok now?" she asked, her hand reaching out to stroke her side. "You were pretty upset earlier."

"I was just embarrassed."

Nodding in understandment, she let out a sigh. "It was a lovely song, though. You have nothing to be embarrassed about."

Cheryl giggled. "It's not even finished yet."

"I heard enough to know how good it was. You'll need to give me first listen when you finsh it!"

The comforting words caused Cheryl to break into a smile, her hand reaching to clutch onto Kimberley's. "Thanks."

And before she even had time to register it in her mind, she found herself leaning forward.

"It's alright," Kimberley managed as both their heads pressed gently together, Cheryl's breath tickling the microscopic hairs on her face. "It was amazing," she continued, a little lost for words, her eyes flicking shut, the feeling of soft lips pressing gently against her own caused her breath to hitch. 

Neither of them pulled away, nor did they push things. 

And as soon as it had begun, it was all over, both pulling apart.

"That was you," Kimberley joked, pulling Cheryl closer and burying her head in the crook of her neck.

"I know."