2-2

Sections done in italics are flashbacks

"I'm not goin'," I immediately said, sliding it back into the envelope.

"That was a quick decision," Nicola said, telling me with just one look that she thought it was the wrong one. She continued to stare, a sympethetic smile adoring her lips. "It's been over a year, Cheryl. I don't particularly like Kimberley for what she did and I understand why you wouldn't want to see her, but I don't think Nadine did anythin' wrong. Yes, she lied to you, but she was just being loyal to her friend, I'm sure she felt bad for it."

"I wouldn't want a friend who does what Kimberley did, a friend who lies and puts people down for a living," I sharply replied, my emotions taking over.

"Everyone needs to pay the bills, babe," was her only response.

I sat thinking for a while, my fingers fidgeting with the envelope. "You can forgive but you can't forget," I mumbled, more to myself than anyone else. "I can do neither."

"You have never really gave her a chance to explain, babe."

"I don't want to hear it, though," I sighed.

She reached across, taking hold of my hands. "Why?" she asked.

I couldn't meet her gaze knowing the secret I had kept from her. I took a deep breath, bracing myself for her reaction. "Things were more complicated than I made out."

"What do you mean?" she asked, a confused look on her face.

"Something happened between us before I found out," I explained.

She remained silent, her head nodding for me to continue.

"We kissed."

She seemed deep in thought, digesting what I had just told her as she gave my hands a reassuring squeeze. "And...?" she said, confusing me.

"What?"

"And... did you like it? Did you push her away? Did she push you away? How did you feel about it?"

I giggled at her, my mind thinking back to that night. "I liked it," I confessed.

"Why?" I asked, trying to fight back my tears.

Kimberley reached out, a frown upon her brow as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "Why what?" she asked.

"Why has he done this to me?" I sighed, tears welling up in my eyes, forcing me to give up the fight. 

She moved closer before wrapping her arms around me. "Shh... don't cry," she soothingly said.

"Is it me?" It had to be, what else would drive the man I love to cheat?

She pulled back, her gorgeous blue eyes gazing into mine. "Don't ever say that again! Of course it isn't you. You're caring, affectionate, loving, and not forgetting... absolutely gorgeous, how could it be?" she said, her words causing my emotions to take over.

There was something about those lips of hers, something, that in that moment, beckoned me to kiss them. Forcing my gaze back up, I stared into her eyes, studying her reaction as I leant forward. Gently, I pressed my lips against hers.

After a few seconds, I pulled away, slightly embarrassed.

I was just about to apologize when she, once again, moved closer, her lips, this time, capturing mine. I could feel my heart skip a beat as she kissed me softly, her hand running up and down my arm as she sucked on my bottom lip.

No one had ever kissed me like that before.

I knew deep down that I shouldn't of let it happen, but there was something about her, something that I just couldn't resist. My doubt's soon washed away when I felt her soft hand traveling further up, caressing my neck. I wanted to touch her back, but I felt myself paralyzed with overwhelment as she carfully ran a finger down my jaw, making it's way to my chin. As she reached it, she pulled down gently, seeking entrance, entrance which I granted willingly. I sighed when her tongue made contact with my own, my movement eventually returning as my hand fell onto her waist.