1-8

"So, hows things going?" Bert asked as I sat down opposite him.

It was the next morning, a Monday morning, and I had came to update him.

"Everything's goin' good, yeah," I smiled. Trying not to convey my doubt.

"Have you talked to her?" he asked, leaning back in his chair.

"I have. We had lunch together yesterday. To be honest with you, I didn't think it was be this easy to befriend her."

He seemed happy with my answer because he smiled, showing me the teeth I never knew he had. He didn't often smile. "What is she like then? In real life."

"Honestly?" He nodded. "She's really nice and very sweet."

The smile faded. "Kimberley," he sighed. "Don't get attached."

I sighed. Why did everyone keep saying that to me!? "Bert! I won't."

"Good. Because this is a job. You know she won't like you when all of  this comes out, don't you?"

"Of course! I'm not stupid." He looked at me. I don't think he quite believed what I was saying. "Honestly," I reassured.

"Ok," he said, hitting the keys on his laptop. "Tonight is the opening of that new nightclub in London, you know the one I'm talkin' about?"

"The one in Soho?" I asked.

"That's the one." He continued to type away.

He was very rude. That was something I hated about him. "What about it?"

"Well... Cheryl is on the guest list and she's expected to turn up. So, we got you on the guest list too." Is he being serious!?

"And how would that look if I just turned up?" I asked.

"You can take someone with you."

"No. I mean it would be a bit suspicious, wouldn't it?"

"I've got that covered," he smirked, for the first time her looked away from the screen and looked up at me. "James has a sister that's goin' to be workin' behind the bar. She will greet you there. If Cheryl asks, she's your friend and she got you in." God! He thinks of everything!

"Ok." I really couldn't be bothered with all this tonight!

"All the drink is free if you have one of these," he said, handing me two VIP passes. "And they get you into the VIP section, where she will probably be."

I accepted the passes from him and got up. "Right ok. I'll give you a phone tomorrow or something."

"Ok Kimberley. Have a good night and please... don't get tot drunk."

"I won't," I winked. Don't get drunk!? Of course I was going to get drunk. I was going to get wrecked. Nightclub... free bar? That makes for a drunk Kimberley.

* * * * * 

Before I had left the office, me and Bert had checked to see if any celebrities I had interviewed would be there. Luckily, there wasn't. Even if there were, they'd probably be to out of it to even acknowledge my presence. So, now here I was in a taxi with Nadine, traveling to the event. She liked the idea of going to the club and having a good time. She didn't like the idea of going on a sole purpose to spy on Cheryl. We knew she would already be there when we arrived. We had purposely waited for her to leave first, watching from the window until her private car had drove away.

"Thanks," I smiled, paying the driver as we pulled up outside.

"It's goin' to be full of celebrities in there!" Nadine squealed. "I can't believe you wouldn't let me bring my cards! Think of the business I could get."