1-1

"Kimberley, Bert wants to see you!"

Looking up from my computer screen, I looked at the small, blonde headed, gay man. It was James. He was the PA of Bert, the senior editor. Sighing I pulled the pen, that I had previously been chewing, out of my mouth and stood up. "Ok James," I smiled, a fake one of course. That man could be such a little rat sometimes. "Is he in his office?"

"Yes darlin'," he replied while flicking his long fringe to the side and cooing over a picture of my new puppy, which was set as my screensaver. It wouldn't take a genius to work out he swung the other way. "Who's this little guy?" he asked, still pining over the picture.

I rolled my eyes at him. Now, I'm usually a nice person but that guy just annoys the sh*t out of me! He's so fake! "Hernames Pixie," I eventually answered, stating that she was infact a girl. "I'm goin' to go and see Bert now. I'll see you later."

"Yes," he pouted, fixing his scraf. Come on! Who wears scarves indoors. "See you later baby girl." And with that he trotted off. Probably away to flirt with John, who was straight... with a wife... and kids, might I add.

"Aaah Kimberley, please sit down."

Sitting down across from the fat bald man, I smiled. "James said you wanted to see me?"

"I did indeed. Ok, so lets cut the bullsh*t. I know I can be honest with you Kimberley. You're one of my best journalists. And that's why I have a proposition for you."

I nodded. "Ok," I said, interested.

"You know Cheryl Cole?"

"Who doesn't !?" I laughed, rolling my eyes. That woman was everywhere. I'd lost count of the amount of times I'd wrote about her. Although I'd never actually met her. To be honest I wasn't really interested. I didn't really buy into the whole nations sweetheart thing, but for the sake of my job, I forced myself to tolerate her.

"Well... we want a story on her. We want what everyone else wants. We want an exclusive about her and Ashley. Every since he cheated on her, she's turned massive and with one series of the X Factor complete and one on the go, we want what everyone has wanted for over a year now. She has never came out and publicly talked about the infidelity of her husband. And that's where you come in."

I frowned. Where was he going with this? "Go on," I said, curiously.

"I want you to get it Kimberley."

I looked on, confused. He wanted me to get a story about her and Ashley? How the f*ck was that going to happen!? "I thought their house was getting renovated?" I said, remembering an article I had wrote about them moving back into their old flat for a while.

"And that leads me onto the next thing. The flat next door is up for let. To be honest, that's how this whole thing came about. I saw it and the idea popped into my head. So, anyways... we have rented it out and you will be staying there until Christmas."

He has to be f*cking kidden me! I'm pretty sure this is illegal! "Are you serious!? Isn't this illegal?"

"Not if you don't trespass... or at least get caught," he smirked. "Look Kimberley... I don't care how you do it. I just want the story, and if you get it complete with solid evidence, you will reap the awards, seriously. You will make a lot of money."

Money. That was something I could seriously do with right now. "How long have I got?"

"You have until this series of the X Factor finishes. Her hype is amazing right now. So, printing a story like this in our national newspaper, within that time, would be massive for us," he replied. I watched as he leant back in his chair, a cocky grin on his face. "So... ?"

Although I didn't know the woman personally, I really wasn't keen on the idea of getting to know her. "Ok," I sighed. "I'll give it a go."

"Great!" he smiled.

"So, I have until Christmas?"

"Until Christmas," he confirmed with a nod.

"And I can do whatever means necessary to get close to her?"

"You can."

Standing up, I smiled. "Great. Am I allowed to tell anyone else?"

"You can if you want but I don't think it would be wise. You know what that lot are like, they might try and do the same. They could steal your story."

He was right. "Ok," I replied, walking over to the door. "I'll see you later."

"Bye Kimberley."

And with that, I left. How the f*ck was I going to get close to Cheryl Cole!? She's an A-list celebrity. I'm a nobody.