2-9

"Deja Vu," I mumbled to myself as we pulled up outside The Mayfair Hotel. I could already hear the shouting of the paparazzi waiting outside, their forms surrounding the car.

As usual James helped me out and through the crowd of men, before disappearing again. 

This time I didn't tell him to stay nearby.

Walking past the familiar receptionist, I smiled at her. 

I knew Kimberley would already be there as she was always early for things. Walking into the bar, I spotted her straight away, sitting in the corner sipping from a bottle of water. She looked emotionally drained. Although she had make up on, I could clearly see the bags under her eyes and she looked as if she hadn't eaten in days. To put it bluntly, she looked like sh*t.

I shook my head and let out a sigh as I made my way over. I was letting my guard down, something I didn't want, but at the same time I couldn't help it.

She looked up at me and smiled, although, not very convincingly.

I placed my bag down beside the chair opposite before sitting myself down. "Hey," I smiled. "You look..."

"Like sh*t," she nervously chuckled, cutting me off.

"I was goin' to say nice," I responded, earning a small smile from her. "How is your dad?"

She sat back in her chair, crossing her legs over. "He's getting out tomorrow."

I didn't want to appear nosy, but I couldn't help but ask what was wrong. "Can I ask what happened?"

"He suffered another stroke," she answered.

I immediately picked up on the word another, my eyes glued to her fragile state as I tucked a few stands of hair behind my ear. "Will he be ok?"

"Yeah, he's getting better," she sighed. Waving one of the waiters over, she shook her head. "I'm so sorry, do you want a drink?"

I thought for a second before answering her. "Just a coffee, please."

We sat in an awkward silence for a few mintues, glancing at each other before she eventually spoke. "I see you have the groups this year?"

"Yeah, it's good fun," I replied before accepting my hot beverage from the waiter. "The Glasweeyins are good, aren't they?"

"Is that the girl group from Glasgow?" she laughed.

I nodded, spooning two spoonfuls of sugar into my coffee. "I love their name." As I looked back up I could see the confused look adoring her features. "You don't get it do you?"

Shamelessly she shook her head. "No."

"Well, glas as in Glasgow," I explained. "Wee as in little. And yins as ones." She still looked confused. "Glasgow little ones." 

"Oh yeah!" she giggled, eventually catching on. "Sorry, I'm still a bit behind on my sleep, therefore, my brain isn't functioning probably!"

Lifitng the steaming hot mug to my lips I took a sip, my brows rising at her as I acknowledged her inability to grasp the concert quick enough.

Deciding to bite the bullet, I sat back and looked at her with a more serious expression. "So, are you still working in the media business?" I inquired, expecting her to confirm that she was.

"No," she told me in a casual tone, her head shaking. "I'm back at college training in a catering course."

I was surprised to hear about her new choice in career. "Does that mean you're not workin'?"