3-3

"Mornin'!" Sarah greeted from her seat at the kitchen table. 

Everyone turned to look at Kimberley as she stumbled in. 

She stole a quick glance at Cheryl who was standing infront of the coffee machine. "Morning," she replied, grinning to herself.

Cheryl offered a charming smile before she looked away, her cheeks rosying ever so slightly, the events of the previous night playing over in her mind like a broken record. "Do you want a coffee babe?" she asked.

Kimberley nodded before sitting down beside Nicola. "Please hun," she answered, gratefully.

Nadine looked on questioningly, her brow raised. "And where did you sleep last night?" she inquired. 

The blonde shrugged, not really phased. "In with Cheryl. Why?"

"Because when I woke you weren't beside me!"

Sarah burst out laughing, her hand banging down onto the table, much to the disapproval of the redhead sitting opposite who had a major hangover. "You'd think you were a f*ckin' jealous wife!"

"She's just jealous 'cos her woman would rather share a bed with me rather than her, eh Nads?" Cheryl cut in as she carried over the tray of freahly made beverages. "Here you go girlies! Get these down ya!"

Kimberley found herself grinning widely, accepting her mug with a wink. "Thanks."

As their finger tips grazed one anothers, Cheryl let out a faint sigh. "It's no bother babe," she managed.

Nadine broke the atmosphere as she slapped Cheryl's bum. "Cheeky! But I suppose, who can compete with that fabulous arse!?"

* * * * * 

"Kimberley..."

The blonde turned at the sound of her name as she exited one of Cheryl's toilets, only to find the very woman standing beside the door. "Yeah babe?"

Cheryl felt her heart beating at an alarming rate. "You ok?" she cautiously asked.

"Course I am," Kimberley laughed. "Why wouldn't I be?" And then it clicked in her mind what the Geordie was getting at. "Ooh..."

"Aye," Cheryl sighed, glad she didn't have to say it.

"I'm good... really good, in fact." 

She sighed again, this time in relief at the unexpected words. "I'm glad."

"Are you ok?" Kimberley could hear the hesitation in her own voice and silently cursed herself for it.

"I'm fantastic."

Taking that as a sign that Cheryl was fine with everything, she subconsciously moved closer, her eyes boring into the girls. "That's good," she mumbled, her hand reaching out to cup her cheek gently.

Cheryl closed her eyes and leant into the contact. "I just don't know what it is about you Kimberley," she let out before she could even comprehend the words in her mind and think them through.

Kimberley chuckled softly. "God! Thanks."

"Aye, warts and all!" Cheryl joked, her emotions getting the better of her. But she did a good job at masking them.

Taking another step forward, Kimberley lowered her head. "Open your eyes," she instructed, staring deeply into the girls closed lids.

The Geordie lass done just that whilst she bit down onto her bottom lips. "What?" she whispered, her breath hitching slightly as Kimberley pressed their foreheads together.

"Look at me."

Deep brown eyes met a sea of blue, both women holding back the tears. 

"Why do things have to be so complicated?" Cheryl sadly said, her breath tickling the blondes lips.

Kimberley shook her head before reaching up with her other hand and weaving her tingling fingers through the girls brunette locks. "It doesn't have to be."

"Doesn't it?"

"No. And I'm not stupid Cheryl. I know that song was about me."

If she thought it wasn't obvious enough, Cheryl cringed a little. "Inspiration comes from the weirdest of places, eh?" As the words left her mouth, she slowly snaked her arms around Kimberley's waist, moulding their bodies firmly together. "I wish I didn't feel for you the way I do."

The older woman nodded in understandment. The words may have been harsh, but she completely agreed. "I know," she told her before she gently stroked her thumb over her bottom lip.

Not being able to hold back any longer, Cheryl closed the gap between them.

"Kimberley, Jason is..."

Sprining apart, both woman turned to see Nadine standing at the end of the hallway.

"Jason is outside," the Irish woman continued, her expression housed that of a confused one.

"Ok," Kimberley stuttered, pulling away from the Geordie and creating some space. "I'm just coming."

"Typical," Cheryl half-heartedly laughed, pressing their foreheads back together as soon as the coast was clear and Nadine had went back into the kitchen. She ducked her head down and began placing feather light kisses upon the girls neck. "Stay with me," she whispered, although, it came out as more of a plea.

"I can't. I've got work later babe." Enoying the attention preharps more than she should have, Kimberley sighed.

"Please. We need to talk about this."

She let out a small giggle. "Yeah, I'm sure that's all you have in mind."

Cheryl frowned, kissing her way up until she reached her soft, pouty lips. "Please," she tried again before capturing them gently in a sweet kiss.

It took all of her will power, but eventually Kimberley found enough of it to pull away. "I'm sorry," was her response. "Can't I come over tomorrow or something?"

It had to do, and Cheryl found herself nodding. "Ok," she reluctantly said with an almighty sigh before she pulled away. 

"Kimberley! Jason..."

"Two mintues Nadine!"

The younger girl giggled. "She's scared to come out here now!"

"God! I can't wait until we get to the car. I can actually see it now... the third degree I'm going to get!" Looking down at the innocent girls expression, Kimberley smiled. "It's so worth it, though."