1-16

"Sh*t!" I cursed out loud. I stayed rooted to the spot, not knowing what to do.

"What is this?" she asked calmy, which took me by surprise.

"I..."

"Kimberley Walsh!" she said, cutting me off. "Kimberley f*ckin' Walsh! I knew I wasn't losin' me mind!" She laughed while shaking her head. "I knew I recognised that name!" 

She was getting louder and louder. I could see the anger building.

"Cheryl," I pleaded, jumping off the side of the bed and running around to her. "I can explain," I said, knowing how cheesy it sounded.

"You have written some seriously nasty sh*t about me!" she said. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes.

Moving closer, I attempted to wipe them away, but she stepped back, slapping my hand away. "No!" she told me, fighting the rest of them back. "So... tell me... what are you doin'? What story are you tryin' to get?"

"It doesn't matter," I mumbled. "I'm not goin' to run it."

"Well... in that case everything's ok," she laughed sarcastically, her face conveying the same picture of anger. "We will just forget about all of this, will we?"

I bowed my head as she continued to dress herself. I still stood in my underwear. "Please don't go," I begged, reaching out and placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't!" she warned, taking a step back as she buttoned up her jeans. "Just... just dont touch me, ok!?"

I didn't know what was more hurtful... the fact that she didn't want to be anywhere near me or the fact that she didn't even want me to touch her. 

"You know what?" she said, moving closer so her face was only inches from mine, her breath tickling against my skin. "You're not even worth it!" she spat. "I don't even what to know what you were plannin' on gettin', what you were plannin' on writin'." Her voice got louder as she spoke. "What sh*t you were plannin' on makin' up!" She looked into my eyes, staring me out.

I looked away, not being able to take it.

"No, but you don't understand," I sighed. I was losing it and the fact that my voice was breaking only confirmed it. "I like you."

"You like me!" she shouted. "A person who likes someone doesn't do this to them! They don't stab them in the back!" Pushing past me, she flung my door open and ran out, me chasing after her.

"Cheryl!"

"Leave me f*ckin' alone!"

I continued to run after her, jumping infront of the door, preventing her from leaving. 

"Move!" she told me, biting down on her lip, trying to compose herself. 

I stayed still, not giving in to her demand.

"You better f*ckin' move Kimbe...!"

Was it that bad? She couldn't even stand to say my name.

"Please..." I begged, the tears now running freely from my eyes. "You have to let me explain!"

She reached up, cupping my cheek. And for a second I thought she was comforting me, until she roughtly wiped my tears away. "Don't cry! You have no right to cry!" she said, shutting her eyes for a moment to stop her own before taking her hand back. 

"What's goin' on? What's all the shoutin' about?"

We both turned to see Nadine walking towards us.

"Does she know?"

I turned back to Cheryl. "What?"

"Does she know what you were plannin'?" she said, her eyes boring into mine so strongly she could of burned a hole in my face. 

"I know," Nadine spoke, her voice calm.

"But... she told me not to do it! Please don't blame her." For the first time, I allowed myself to look back at her, to meet her stare, silently pleading for her forgiveness.

"Move!"

"Please Cheryl! If I'd of known you..."

"Move!"

"But... if I'd of known..."

"F*ckin' move!"

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Nadine moving closer. "Kimberley move out of her way," she told me.

I looked at her. "But... I need to explain!"

"Move!" Cheryl said once more.

"No. You have to..." I stopped dead in my tracks when I felt a sharp pain on my cheek.

She had just slapped me.

"Kimberley move," Nadine demanded, pulling me out of the way. "Let her go."

The door slammed shut, echoing through the hallway of the flat.

"She hates me!" I sobbed to Nadine, breaking down. 

As I dropped to my knees, she leant down beside me, holding me close. "She hates me," I repeated, my voice weak. I could barley breath. 

The pain was unbearable.

Latching onto my reddened cheek, I squeezed it until it went numb. 

"She hates me."