2-14

"Maybe we should talk about it."

I looked up at her, surprised. She wanted to talk about it? "You think?" I enquired whilst placing my tea down onto the table infront.

She nodded in response. "I want to tell you everything. We'll never get through this if I keep everything bottled up. You'll always been wondering."

She had a good point, but I wasn't sure if talking about it would do me any good. Was I strong enough for the truth? "Ok."

I watched as she shuffled forward on the couch opposite me, her hands fidgeting nervously with one another. "I'm not going to lie to you and say I done it purely for my dad's benefit."

I nodded at this and she continued.

"Yes, I done it for the money for my family but I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about the promotions and stuff like that... where it could lead, if you like."

"And I totally understand that now," I smiled. "You were just doin' your job and..."

"And I got attached. I was warned not to, becasue even when I couldn't see I was, other people could." She gave me a small smile, seemingly holding the tears back.

"When did you realise?" I asked, earning a confused look. "That you had grown to like me..."

"When I realised that you didn't think of youself as any better than me."

I sat silently, digesting her words.

"And then you kissed me and well..."

She burst out laughing as I quickly snapped out of my daze. "I kissed you! More like you kissed me!"

"Am I not correct in saying that you leant forward and kissed me first?"

"Aye... well..." Lost for words, I curled back onto the sofa, tucking my feet under me and wrapping my arms around my waist defensively. "A friendly kiss."

She continued to laugh at my discomfort. "I know," she smiled. "Keep your panties on."

"You were the one that stuck your tongue down me throat!"

"I know."

End of part 2