Chapter 34

|34|

•Charlotte•

A pair of hands wrapped around my shoulders and my knees and lifted me up. I knew it was Ramon as I rested my head against his chest. I didn't want to open my eyes as I heard him mutter the words angrily. I'm going to kill him. 

I felt the light on me as he walked out of the dark alley and into the sun. There were people talking around me as he answered them all in italian. 

I fucked up. 

I opened my eyes to see him walking up the stairs and into my house, a glare in his eyes. He was angry. I could feel the anger flowing off him as he walked into the kitchen. 

Ramon placed me on top of the counter, and picked up the first white cloth he could see. "You were stupid." He started to say as he wet the towel. "Fucking stupid." He growled lowly as he twisted the water out of the cloth and turned to me. 

"I fucked up." I mumbled agreeing with him as he walked towards me with the cloth in his hands. 

He chuckled harshly. "You did more then fuck up, Charlotte. You got yourself hurt." He reached up and with gentle hands, nothing like the harsh words he was saying, he started wiping the blood from my face. 

"I nearly had him." I said as I stared at my hands. My knuckles were bleeding. 

"You didn't. You were acting stupid and reckless." His words were harsh. 

"Shut up." I pushed his hand away as he reached the cloth to my face again. I didn't want to hear it. 

Ramon placed my hands on my lap and grabbed my chin, turning my face towards him. He looked me in the eye. "You know it's true. You were stupid. You were reckless and you could have gotten yourself killed." There was a glare in his eyes after the words. 

"I don't care." 

I could have hurt him. I should have done more. Anger was the problem.  I shouldn't have used anger as the adrenaline to fight him. I should have killed him. 

"I fucking care, Charlotte." He hissed at me as he threw the cloth on the ground and took a step back from me. "You let anger control you and he would have killed you if I didn't get word of it. This isn't an easy revenge. You should have called me first."

He was angry but so was I. 

"What was I supposed to do? Let him walk away while I called you and said, Ramon! Quickly come and save me because I'm a stupid fucking bitch!" I shouted the words at him. 

Ramon Vitali stood there, chuckling at me. I let out a sigh as I pushed my hair out of my face. "I know I did wrong but you can't blame me for it. All I could see was my dad being killed over and over again. I acted in anger and I should have known he was leading me into a trap." 

It was my own mistake and I couldn't get angry at him. He did nothing wrong other than saving my life. 

Ramon picked up the cloth and walked towards me. "This isn't just between you and him, amore." With the cloth in his hands he cleaned my hands gently. "He wants to use you to get to me. He wanted you to join him so he could get rid of the Vitali bloodline and then rule the empire himself."