Chapter 10

|10|

•Charlotte•

"You look beautiful." Dad smiled at me as I walked downstairs. He was walking out of the kitchen slowly, but walking nevertheless. Mary was behind him, careful he didn't fall. 

"Thank you." I smiled at him as he walked into the living room.

I was wearing a black dress. I had a shower last night to wash the sadness out of me and had shaved my legs. They were smooth and I couldn't stop touching them. The dress was perfect and I was wearing short shorts under the dress. It was indeed sunny outside today and I had my hair up in the usual messy bun. 

Pushing my feet into my black boots, I laced them and then added small gold hoops to my ears. Lizzie had texted me last night. Wear jewellery or else I'm running you over with my car and then running to Hawaii to hide. 

I was wearing earrings and that counted. I looked different, and my legs looked long as I stared at myself in the mirror. Stunning. I had applied a red lipstick and then dabbed my lips with a tissue to make it lighter. It worked and my lips were tinted red. Mascara and concealer was next and then I was done. Ready

A horn blared outside and I smiled waving at my dad and Mary before picking up my school bag and walking out of the car. 

"Holy fuck." Lizzie exclaimed from the window as she popped her head out. "Someone is going to make everyone drop." She grinned at me as I walked towards her car and opened the door. 

"You said to look hot." I said as I sat inside. "You look gorgeous. Calvin won't be able to stop looking at you." I smiled at her as she started driving, with a big grin on her face. 

"Either I'm going to embrace this look or I will panic and change. I bought myself an extra pair of clothes." She pointed to her back seat and I chuckled. 

Lizzie looked beautiful. She had her own sense of style, constantly wearing her black jacket on top of everything. Her blonde hair was in a bun with strands of curled hair around her face and big earrings. She had a couple of small gold necklaces on and a big gold watch on. She was even wearing the gold boots she had bought. 

"I'm going to leave my work clothes in here, alright?" I told her and she nodded as I pulled out the uniform and threw it in her back seat. 

I needed to go to work today because Mary was asking too many questions, wondering why I was missing so many days off work. Joe had texted me saying I could come in today straight after school to help out at his cafe. 

Lizzie parked the car in her usual spot and she breathed out giving herself a pep talk. You can do this. Walk in and drop the hip and walk like you own the school. You are hot. You are sexy. You are smart. 

"I completely agree." I said to her and she grinned as she opened her car door and stepped out. I followed her and picked up my bag before closing the car door. 

If Lizzie needed a hand to hold her, I was always here. If she wanted to look hot but didn't want to be the only one, I would wake up early to make myself look hot. Which I did today. 

The sun shined down on us as I noticed Calvin staring at Lizzie, his eyes wide, his mouth open a little. I walked towards her and wrapped my arm around hers so she couldn't run away.