Chapter 30

|30|

•Charlotte•

The lightning devil was dead. Buried deep under the ground with not a single memory left. 

I fought Gabriel yesterday. It was after midnight when everyone came to see the fight. Two of the best fighters going up against each other. He was lenient with his punches though. He wanted a fair fight, so I gave it to him. We didn't stop, the cheering around us growing with every punch I threw. 

Everyone betted on me winning but I needed him to win. Gabriel had kicked my stomach, never going for the face but that was when I called it off. I fell to the ground, ending the fight in the silence that everyone watched. Michael had announced Gabriel as the winner and he had helped me back up. 

That was all it took for the cheers to start for him as he grinned at everyone, throwing his hands up in the air. I walked out with Ramon behind me. I took my mask off as he held my hand and we walked to my house. 

He wanted to stay with me, to check if everything was okay but I told him to go home because it was extremely late. He left after watching me walk into the empty house. 

I couldn't sleep all night so instead I had opened my Macbook that Lizzie had bought me and looked for houses close by that I could afford. There were many apartments that I liked, but I kept on scrolling, wasting time until the sun came up. 

I sat up in bed and pulled up my hair into a bun before getting out of it. I wanted to clean up today, to clean everything so I could go around to look at some apartments. 

Walking out of the room, I headed towards my dad's old room. I stood in the middle of the room thinking about one thing. 

I had no purpose in life. 

Every day I had woken up to care for my dad but what did I do now? What would happen if I found Logan and I killed him? Would I spend the rest of my life in prison? Would I be a runaway fugitive? 

I pushed the thoughts out my mind before walking out of the room and downstairs. On the way home from the Gym, Ramon and I had gone to the shop so I could buy food for myself. I had paid for everything as Adam apologised for my dad's death. 

Did I say thank you in return? Did I say it's okay, it's not your fault? There was nothing for me to say that would sound correct. 

I walked into the kitchen and towards the fridge where I pulled out the milk bottle. Today would be cereal. Rubbing my eyes, I groaned because my body was tired but my mind wouldn't allow me to sleep. 

Mary had texted me this morning at seven wondering if I wanted her to come by. I told her it was okay and I was going out anyway. Lizzie had asked me what I was planning to do today, and I told her nothing other than clean the house up. She didn't reply after that. 

The landlord, Tom had come by last night, saying he could extend my rent till next week but I said no. I gave him the money and he nodded at me before walking away. 

I sat down at the table, in the empty house where the silence echoed and ate my breakfast quietly. 

A knock on the front door made me look up and I walked out of the kitchen towards it. It was nearly eleven am and nobody was coming today. It was Saturday.