Chapter 23

|23|

•Charlotte•

It was Saturday today. The day I was going to sit on a plane and fly up in the air while trying to push out the fear I would feel every day I spent away from my dad. 

I sat on my bed and laced up my boots. Lizzie knew I was coming but I had kept it a secret from Ramon who had tried to persuade me to come yesterday. We didn't share the same class so he had no idea I had given in my permission slip. 

Mary was excited for me to go, she had helped me pack a suitcase with all the fancy and pretty clothes I had. She had made me promise her that I would send a lot of pictures because she wanted to imagine she was there with me. 

I had texted Joe to ask him and Mark to keep an eye out on the house. I wanted them to break into the house the moment they heard a sign of struggle. Anything that indicated to Logan. 

He was laying low and so was Cameron as well. 

I had bought as much food as I could to last five days so Mary wouldn't have to shop. She was going to sleep in my room as well until I came back. I was going to treat her to a long day at the spa the moment I came back so she would know how grateful I was. 

I heard a car horn outside and I quickly stood up, pulling my black jacket on. I was wearing my usual black jeans and a black bralette under the purple lace top. It was a comfortable look. 

I picked up my purse and walked out of the room and ran downstairs. My black suitcase was placed right next to the door as I headed to the room. 

"Is that Lizzie?" Mary asked me and I nodded as I wrapped my arms around my dad tightly. 

"I'm going to come back in an instant. I'm going to ring every day so we can still talk, okay?" I pulled away from him and looked down at him. 

Dad chuckled and nodded as he pointed at Mary's phone. "I will ring you every day." He agreed as I grinned. 

"I love you." 

It was the first time in my life I was going somewhere without my dad. I was nervous but the excitement to see a new country overpowered the nerves. 

"I love you too." He smiled at me as I wrapped my arms around Mary tightly and hugged her too. 

"I'm going to miss you. Call me if you need my help. I will come home immediately." I said to her, pulling away as she laughed and nodded. 

I heard a knock on the door and I smiled at them. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I hugged dad one more time before running out of the room. I opened the door to see Lizzie with a big grin on her face. 

"We're going to Italy!" She exclaimed happily as I grabbed my suitcase and pulled it out of the house as she danced on the steps. 

Lizzie was extremely happy that I was going. She had screamed on the phone to me when I had told her my dad had signed the paper. She was excited to celebrate my birthday in a hotel and she wanted to order wine and get drunk for my  birthday. It was in two days. We would reach Italy tonight, it was an eight hour flight. 

I picked up my suitcase and walked down the stairs, towards her car. Lizzie opened the trunk of her car and shoved my suitcase inside. The backseat was filled with her suitcase and a big bag.