Chapter 32

|32|

•Ramon•

I fucking loved holding her hand. There was something so pure about it in a world of darkness that seemed to eat us both up. 

I walked inside my house with her. They all knew who she was. Charlotte Woods was mine and nobody would say a word to her. My mom loved her but didn't want to overwhelm her with everything going on. 

Just when our lives were going on a smooth ride, Logan the prick had to fuck up. I was going to find him and deliver him to Charlotte on a gold fucking plate with a big knife to cut his head off. Maybe she would do it, maybe she wouldn't. 

I could feel the emptiness inside of her. She had lost the spark in her eyes and the attitude that escaped her mouth. I could feel her rage, as she looked around the house, watching people find her target. 

There was so much I wanted to tell her, so much that I couldn't say yet because the time was not right.

I turned to look at her and she met my gaze, a small smile on her face that made my heart twist like a fucking whipped man. Yes. I was passionate about her. If I could, I would grab her just because she made my heart beat fast with a smile and I would take her to my room. Fuck this life. I would fuck her senseless but now was not the time. It wasn't fucking right. 

I needed to get rid of this Logan fucking disease.

Spotting my mom walking down the stairs, I said to Charlotte. "Why don't you eat something with my mom? I'll go find out what's happening." 

Mom walked towards us, and I smiled at her grateful as she held Charlotte's hand and walked her away from me talking to her about how she likes to bake a lot. 

Charlotte had nearly clawed Tiffany's face off yesterday. During the whole day she had been quiet, holding my hand as if she felt safe with me. It fucking made me grin. 

Today at school she had been better after seeing Tiffany with a bruise on her face. I was fucking proud of my girl. 

"Ramon." I heard Kyong call out to me as he opened the meeting room door. I straightened my jacket and walked towards him. 

The look was part of the fear. A suit could turn you into a businessman but the people that knew you, knew that there was a gun hidden inside and I wasn't afraid to use it. 

I walked into the meeting room that was full of my men sitting around the table with laptops out in front of a few of them. Closing the door, I asked them. "What have you found so far?" 

"Boss, there's been movement in one of the hospitals. Cole fucked up and went there." One of them said as he pressed the button on the remote and the projector pulled up a big screen of a map with a red dot. Kyong turned the lights off.

"Jax and Stefan." I pointed to them. "Bring his fucking dead body to me." I said to them and they grinned like the psychotic assholes they were and walked out of the room. 

"Logan has been spotted around her house again. The camera spotted him trying to get in but Drew opened the door to throw the rubbish out of his house when he ran." 

I watched the video of the little camera that I had installed in her doorbell. She didn't know. It would make her more angry if she knew he was that close to her house. Not fear. She already hated that house but I knew how Charlotte was.