Chapter 7

|7|

•Charlotte•

I grabbed a hold of his arm and twisted it as my right leg came up and I kicked him in the face. He was a short buffed up man that thought he could hurt me. 

He had. I would have a bruise on my face from the punch he landed a few seconds ago. 

The cheers for my name filled the gym as the man fell to the ground. 

"Finish him!" Someone shouted around me as the short man stood up again, massaging his jaw as if it didn't hurt at all. 

He charged at me like a bull, his fists attacking my ribs and face, as if he just wanted to finish me off and not care that he looked completely silly. I slipped my foot around his and pulled on his leg. My right hand connected with the side of his face as he collapsed on the ground. He wasn't moving.

"Lightning devil knocked him out!!"  The words were cheered around the gym as I stepped away from him, fisting my hands as I walked out of the ring. Mark was immediately besides me as I headed towards Joe's desk. 

Lizzie was at home alone with my dad. Mary had gone back to her own house, knowing Lizzie was with me. I had told dad to rest when Mary left and Lizzie and I cooked dinner. He remembered her. Smiled and talked to her while I cooked.

We ate food and he said he would like to rest so we walked him upstairs and I got him ready for bed. I helped him change his clothes while Lizzie bought the heater upstairs so the room was heated. Once dad was in his room sleeping, I told her I would be home quickly and she said it was okay. She would watch him while I fought. Then we would talk about her and Calvin. She had pushed me out of the house, laughing. 

I didn't say a single word as Joe grinned at me and handed me the usual bag. "Two thousand dollars today. We had some rich folks today." He chuckled at me as I pushed the bag in my pocket and zipped it up. He held his fist out and I bumped mine with it before walking out of the underground gym. 

"See you in a couple of days?" Mark said to me as we walked upstairs on the silent staircase. 

"Can I get two fights that day?" I asked softly so nobody heard my voice. 

"I'll see what Joe says but I think you might be able too. Everyone wants to fight the lightning devil." He chuckled as he opened the door and we entered the top floor where the machines were and the actual gym was. 

I nodded at him and fist bumped his hand before I walked out of the gym. 

It was dark outside, and I knew it was past midnight now. Walking across the street, I took a left and headed towards the 24 hour supermarket. I needed a girls night with face masks and chocolates. Lizzie and I were going to stay up and watch movies. 

The lights shined brightly in the small car park of the shop as I stood in the darkness. I pulled my mask off and shoved it in my hoodie. Pulling my hoodie down, I fixed my hair in a tight bun and pulled a few notes out of the money bag. There was no one here to even try and steal my money. I shoved the bag back in my pocket and put the notes in my hoodie pocket. 

I headed inside the shop, the automatic doors opening wide for me. I picked up a basket and started heading to the usual aisles. This was the supermarket I always used. They had everything, a smaller version of Target and Walmart.