Chapter 8

|8|

•Charlotte•

For the first time, I had slept in. It was a shit feeling when I forced myself to open my eyes. 

The sun was peeking in through the curtain as I sat up on the floor. Rubbing my eyes, I looked around to see my room empty. I heard Lizzie's laughter downstairs and I smiled to myself. 

She purposely made me watch a few movies last night and made me drink coffee so I wouldn't be able to sleep early. I needed to relax, she had claimed. 

I stood up from the makeshift bed we were using and stretched out my arms. The door was wide open, every single time. I never shut my door just in case dad called from his room. 

Stretching my arms and yawning, I walked out of the room and headed to the bathroom. I closed the door behind myself and brushed my teeth and washed my hair. Once I was done, I headed downstairs to see Lizzie completely dressed and having breakfast with my dad and Mary in the living room. 

"Good morning." I smiled at them as I walked into the room. 

"Morning, Charlotte. Come, sit next to me." Dad patted the couch and I grinned as I walked towards him and sat down. 

"Do you want some breakfast?" He pointed to the pancakes on his plate and I shook my head. 

"Lizzie said you have a school project today." Mary pointed out and I glanced up at the clock on the wall. It was eleven. I tried not to groan and nodded at Mary. 

"I have to buy the ingredients, and get a taxi to drive me up to there." I sighed, so tired. 

My body was used to waking up early every morning but the day I slept in, every inch of my body was in pain. 

Mary frowned at me, as she leaned closer. "Why do you have a bruise on your face?" She asked, confused. 

I reached up and touched the sore spot on my cheek. "I fell off the bed and Lizzie punched me in her sleep." 

Lizzie chuckled. "My reflexes are amazing." She grinned at Mary who chuckled and nodded. 

"Want breakfast?" She asked me and I shook my head. 

"I'm going to go shopping quickly and then probably go to his house." I told Mary but she looked at Lizzie and smiled. "What's wrong?" I asked, confused. 

"Mary and I wanted you to sleep in today so I went through your school bag and found your notebook," Lizzie smiled at me, "I went shopping and bought all the ingredients. I even bought you food colouring so you can make your fondant fancy." She said and  I smiled. 

"Thank you." 

"Now let's get up and make you pretty." Lizzie grinned at me as she stood up and walked towards me. She pulled on my hands and I shook my head at her. 

"I don't want to look pretty." I huffed as she pulled me up and dragged me out of the living room with dad and Mary laughing behind us.

"I think you should wear a pretty dress." Lizzie started to say as she walked into my room and kicked the duvet to the side. "What about the red tight dress you bought for Christmas but never actually wore it?" She raised an eyebrow at me as I laid down on my bed, letting her do whatever she wanted.