Chapter 2

|2|

•Charlotte•

Classes flew by during the day and I was thankful for that. Throughout the whole senior year, there were about 50 students who had decided to show up. Lizzie and I were part of that group. The group that wanted to meet their teachers and make a good impression. 

It had failed though. We didn't have a new teacher at all, just the old ones that hated or loved us. Our schedule matched, more of a pleading from Lizzie to the principal. 

Lizzie had Dyslexia. She struggled in all her subjects, finding it too hard to learn the way the rest of the class learnt. She used to record every class and go home to listen to it over and over,trying to learn anything. It never worked until I helped her with her maths homework. After that day, we were in every class together, we would be sitting together while I taught her in the simplest form. 

The bell screamed through the whole school and immediately everyone stood up,trying to leave class as Mrs Margaret, our english teacher shook her head at them. I picked up my bag and followed the students out. 

"I'm disappointed I can't see any eye candy." Lizzie pushed her arm through mine and we walked towards the cafeteria. 

"I knew nobody would come today." I chuckled at her as she pouted, her eyes wandering around the cafeteria as we entered it. 

The cafeteria was full of people either standing in queues or standing around tables, getting to know their new classmates. They were all freshmen mostly, just a few seniors who decided to stay and not skip class. 

"What are we getting today?" Lizzie asked me as we walked to the queue. She picked up a red tray and handed it to me. 

"You're the tallest. Stand on your toes and see what they're offering." I smiled at her as she grinned and followed my instructions. She was taller than me by an inch or two. 

"I can see fries…" she balanced herself on me. "I think there's pasta as well." 

"Do we really have to stand behind them?" A tired sigh came from behind us. I turned around to see Tiffany. 

Tiffany the ex bitchy and shady friend. Her blonde hair was curled perfectly and her black dress tight around her bulging chest. I sighed as I turned away. Lizzie suddenly became quiet as she faced ahead, waiting for the queue to move forward. 

"See something you like?" Tiffany with her high squeaky voice said to us. Her two friends behind her laughed. 

"No." I faked a laugh with them as if she had said something funny and moved forward in the line with Lizzie who was silent. 

Tiffany was our friend once upon a time. Lizzie's mom worked for Tiffany's parents. Her parents were rich and ran their own clothing company which she boasted about every day. When my mom died and I stopped caring about my social life, Tiffany dropped me like a bag of heavy potatoes. Lizzie remained her friend but she had bitched about her once to me in the bathrooms where Tiffany was listening to us. A week later, Tiffany started blackmailing her with a recorded video, saying she would show it to her parents and get her mom fired. 

When I had found out, I did the easiest thing I could. I grabbed her phone and threw it in the toilet when she had cornered us. I flushed it and she had a bitch fit. Lizzie's mom left her job on her own because she had a better offer at a different company that paid more. Lizzis never answered anyone back, no matter how many years she saw you walking through the hallways to class.