Chapter 19

|19|

•Ramon•

There were a thousand questions in my mind the moment she didn't come to school. I waited for her, like a whipped man, I waited outside the school gate even when Lizzie and Calvin walked to their classes. 

She was never late to school, always early no matter what class she had first. Lizzie said she wasn't feeling well but that was the least of my worries. What if her prick of an ex hurt her again. 

I texted her like a starved man in need of food. I was hooked on her, her smile, her laughter and when she didn't talk to me for a day, it didn't even last a whole day, I was in a shit mood and was willing to bullet through anyone who took the piss out of me. 

I spent the day doing my work in school, spending lunch with Lizzie and the guys. Lizzie was quieter than usual, the comfort she seeked from Charlotte no longer there. She didn't talk to us much other than answering the basic question, Josh asked, are you going to eat that? Which she answered with yes and he rolled his eyes, eating his own food. I texted Charlotte, waiting for a reply. 

I finalized our essay in home Ecs and sent her a picture to tell me if it was perfect or not. I didn't even get a fucking reply for that. 

"Ramon!" I heard Riley's voice behind me. I stopped and turned to look at her as she ran down the stairs of the school and headed towards me and the boys. 

School had ended and no matter how much I wanted to see Charlotte, I pushed the feeling aside as Riley stopped besides us. "Can you drop me home?" She asked and I chuckled as I wrapped an arm around her shoulder. 

"No after school class today?" I asked her though I knew she didn't go to them. She fucked around with the wrong crowd and she wasn't going to listen to me. 

We kept it a secret in school, our father's death. The world knew but it was out of the media, no matter how many times people tried to leak it. Riley was in a private school at first but she transferred to the public school because everyone bullied her for her weight. 

It was a stupid thing to do because my sister was a fucking beautiful woman. I opened the passengers door to her and she climbed in. They bullied the fuck out of her in that school, tempting her to end her life this summer. She would run to the bathroom after everything she ate and she would throw it all up. 

I caught her one day and I told her to stop giving them the upper hand and to put a bullet through their heads because she was Riley Vitali. My sister and nobody was going to mess with her and make her cry every night. 

I closed the door behind her as my friends climbed into the car and I headed towards the drivers side. 

"Hey." I heard her voice as her car slowed down besides me. Tiffany was smirking, a giggle passing her lips as she watched me get into the car and slam the door shut. My window was rolled down as she waited for me. 

"I'm having a party tonight. You already know my address, see you there." She giggled and drove off, not waiting for me to say no. 

"Free booze? Count me in." Josh said behind me as I started the car and pulled onto the road. 

"Can I come?" Riley asked as I took a right on the road. 

"No." 

"No." 

Alex and I said at the same time. Riley blushed a little at Alex who grinned at her as he noticed her glancing at him. Jesus Christ. 

Driving fast and going in and around the cars, I arrived in our neighbourhood. I saw the security guards opening the black gate for me when they noticed my car.