Chapter 17

|17|

•Charlotte•

Periods. The thought of having your emotions heightened and your fists ready to hurt anyone who uttered a word was scary to all men. Especially when one started to cry randomly. 

I closed my locker as I heard the heels clicking against the floor, the sound getting closer and closer. I was really in no mood to get annoyed by barbie and her friends. 

"I see what you're doing." Tiffany hissed at me as Lizzie handed me my bag, and stood besides me quietly. 

"Glad to know your eyes work." I muttered walking past her and Lizzie followed me. Barbie and her bitches did as well. 

"Ramon won't like you even if your face is caked with makeup." She sneered at me as I pulled Lizzie away with me. 

I ignored her words, heading towards the gym.  

Yesterday I had ignored Ramon, every time he had tried to talk to me, I told him no and walked away. Pathetically, I waited for Logan to show, to come and threaten me for hurting one of his men but nothing happened. Nobody came, not even Cameron. 

I woke up this morning, body full of pain and cramps and forced myself to come to school. The sun was shining down on us today, but the cold wind breezed through our hair as Lizzie and I had walked into school. She had slept over at my house with me yesterday, and we painted my nails red and I watched Titanic so I could have a reason to cry without feeling pathetic. 

"Amore." 

He was standing outside the changing rooms with Calvin. This wasn't his class. It was a girls only class. 

Letting out a deep breath, I walked towards him, my hair covering the bruises along with the makeup I had applied. "I'm in no mood to talk today, Ramon." I told him honestly as I tried to walk around him.  

He pushed himself away from the wall and stood in front of him, a frown on his face. "He hurt you." His voice was calm as if that gave him every right to hurt someone. 

"I told you, I fell down the stairs." I glared at him, wanting him to believe my lie and leave it at that. 

Ramon chuckled. "That's not going to work on me." 

"I'm this close to ripping every strand of hair off your head." I pinched my fingers together, showing him how frustrating he was. 

"Touch me all you want, amore. I'll happily oblige." Ramon lowered his head towards me, a smirk on his face as I rolled my eyes and walked around him. 

I pushed open the changing room door just as he grabbed my hand, stopping me from disappearing. "I'm sorry." His voice was soft, apologetic and every part of my heart tried to melt at his voice. My mind decided it was the correct time to forgive him because he wasn't going to be part of my life much longer. The project was coming to an end soon, we had a couple of more lessons left before the practical started. 

"It's okay." I smiled at him as he let go of my hand. Without saying another word, I walked into the changing room to start the day with gym class. 

Girls talked and gossips through the room, some of them standing in stalls in their bras and laughing at something their friends said. 

Lizzie walked besides me as we headed towards the end stalls. "He apologised." She whispered quietly to me, her voice filled with excitement. "He never apologises for anything. Calvin just texted me, look." Lizzie lifted her phone up so I could see his message.