chapter three

My alarm blared at 4:15 in the morning as I groaned and got up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I didn't exactly know why Joe wanted me there so early but I knew that it was at least an hour on the tube and if I at least wanted to have some sort of breakfast, I had to wake up early.

I quietly opened the door and tiptoed to the bathroom. After I was done brushing my teeth, I quickly ran my comb through my hair and ran back to my room before changing into leggings and a sweater. I looked at my myself in the mirror once before I grabbed my phone and wallet and quietly tiptoed once more down the stairs.

Once I was downstairs, I grabbed an apple from the kitchen since it was really the only thing that I could eat without being late and took a bite out of it before I put on my shoes. Just as I was about to put my hand on the door I hear a voice to my right.

"You look nice," an Australian accented voice said.

"Shit Troye, what the hell are you doing up at 5:00?"

"I could ask you the same thing," he countered back.

"I was gonna head over round Joe's..." I admitted as I walked over to him hesitantly.

"Oh really?" He questioned with a smile on his face as I nodded and noticed his laptop balanced on his legs. He closed it and placed it on the table before he stood up abruptly as he made his way towards me.

"Yeah, he wanted my help with something," I said confused.

"At 5:00 in the morning?"

"Why so many questions Troye?" I asked as he shrugged.

"I like to worry..."

"I'll be fine," I assured him. "You know Joe. It's not like I'm meeting up with some total stranger."

"I know, but you're like a sibling to me even if we see each other rarely."

"I know, I feel the same way Troye." I replied,
"Can you tell Alfie and Zoë where I am?"

Troye nodded and hugged me quickly before assuring that my message to Zoë and Alfie would be passed along. Soon enough, it was Troye that was rushing me out of the door, making me promise to text him when I got there.

+

After a long and boring ride on the tube, I followed the directions that Joe gave me last night. I may or may not have got lost a few times considering I hadn't been in London since I was 15 but I finally found where Joe and Caspar's flat was. I texted him, telling him that I was here and a few seconds later he buzzed me up. I walked into the flat and looked one at the amount of stairs that I had to go through to teach his flat and sighed.

I started to walk up the flight of stairs and as I kept climbing, it seemed to get progressively harder but soon enough I reached Joe and Caspar's flat. I took a deep breath as I knocked on the door softly. I heard footsteps coming from the other side and then the door opened in a matter of seconds, revealing Joe's smiling face. He opened the door wider as he motioned for me to come in.

"I can't believe you actually came." Joe said as he shut the door behind him.

"Trust me, I can't believe it either," I replied as I stifled a yawn. I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Troye.

Me: I'm at Joe's

I locked my phone and looked back up at Joe who was staring down at me. I averted my gaze and looked around at his flat.

"You and Caspar are roomates, right?" I asked as I finally looked at him. He nodded and opened his mouth to speak.

"Can I get you anything to drink?"