chapter four

As soon as I walked inside the door, Troye immediately greeted me.

"Alyssa!" The Australian called from his place on the couch.

"Hi Troye," I replied half heartedly, causing Troye to turn in his seat and look up at me. I slipped off my shoes and looked around the flat.

"Where's Zoë and Alfie?" I asked cautiously knowing that he's probably want to know what happened at Joe's and I was ready to tell him exactly what I heard.

"They went to go walk Nala, in fact they just left a few minutes ago," he said and patted the empty space beside him. I sat down and groaned.

"How was Joe's?" He asked curiously, making me look at him. I sighed and ran a hand through my dark brown hair.

"It was interesting," I said and looked Troye in the eyes.

"Interesting?" He echoed and smirked. I playfully hit him, causing him to squeal and shoot me a look before he settled down.

"What do you mean by interesting?" He asked again and looked at me curiously.

"I think I heard something I wasn't supposed to hear and Joe knew that I heard it."

"Heard something?" Troye questioned again his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"After Joe and I had an unexpected water fight, he gave me this hoodie to change into and said that I could go into his room and change." I paused hesitantly as Troye looked at me waiting for more explanation.

"A few minutes before Caspar had told me that he thought that Joe and I were getting closer by the minute. So after I put on Joe's hoodie, I was about to open the door when I heard them talking and I should've opened the door but for some reason I didn't."

"What were they talking about Alyssa?" Troye asked carefully, as if he was scared of what I was about to say.

"Me." I said quietly and looked at him. When Troye stayed silent, I continued on and explained the entire conversation. When I was done, Troye's eyes widened.

"So Joe basically admitted to Caspar that he had feelings for you!?" Troye exclaimed as I slowly nodded my head. He suddenly got up, his eyes full of excitement.

"I have to tell Zoë and Alfie about this!" He said excitedly and dashed for his phone.

"Troye," I said his name once but he didn't seem to notice. His fingers starting to dance on the screen of his phone.

"Troye!" I said loudly and looked at him as his fingers stopped and he looked up at me.

"What?" He huffed.

"You can't tell Zoë or Alfie about this," I whispered loud enough for him to hear. He looked at me confused before he sat back down and turned to face me.

"Why not?" He asked carefully.

"Because when I heard Joe talking to Capsar he mentioned that he was going to respect Alfie's wishes even if it killed him inside."

"Do you know what Alfie said?"

I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair.