chapter twelve

JOE SUGG'S POV
It wasn't a surprise that as soon as we got through the door, Caspar started jumping around like a little kid asking Alyssa if she wanted to play FIFA with him. She looked at me hesitantly as if she were slightly scared of him but I just began to laugh as she nodded, smiling. He grabbed her hand, leading her to the couch, telling her to sit down while he turned on the PS4 and grabbed the controllers.

I sat down beside her, watching Caspar as he handed the controller to her and sat down smiling.

"Is he always-" she started to say but she didn't really need to say anything else for me to understand what she was trying to let on.

"Yep." I said, smiling at her as she laughed softly before she looked over at Caspar who was getting the game started.

"I'm gonna kick your ass, Alyssa," he commented as he chose his team.

"I'm gonna kick your ass first," she shot back, a smirk on her face.

That's my girl.

What? She's not even my girl.

You like her.

We're just friends. I ignored the voice in my head as I watched Alyssa and Caspar play FIFA. I was scrolling absentmindedly through Twitter when I heard shouts from Alyssa beside me. I looked at the screen only to see that she won the game 3-2. Caspar frowned at the screen as Alyssa stood up and placed the controller on the table.

"I told you Caspar." She said and playfully pushed him. He cracked a smile and caught my gaze at the two of them. He cleared his throat, gaining both Alyssa and I's attention.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." He said, looking at me. He quickly hurried down the stairs. I heard the sound o the bathroom door close before I looked at Alyssa.

"Alyssa?"

"Yeah?"

"I know that you probably don't want to talk about it but..." I trailed off as I looked up at her.

"You want to talk about what happened at the hotel?" She said as she sat down beside me one again. I avoided her gaze but nodded slightly.

"I just-I want to make sure everything's okay between us." I said, my gaze fixed on the window.

"I think everything's okay," she said in a confused tone. "Is there something wrong, Joe?"

"I just wanted to be sure that we were okay."

"That's sweet," she said as I noticed Caspar coming up the stairs with a camera in his hand which was obviously turned on. Using his other hand, he put a baby mask on that I had used in a previous prank. He put a finger to his lips, or where his lips were and I quickly nodded before setting my gaze back on Alyssa. The fact that she had no clue about Caspar, made it so much better when he was right behind her. He placed his hand on her shoulder and screamed, making her jump.

"SHIT!" She yelled and jumped off of the couch. She glared at Caspar who still had the mask on, making me laugh hysterically.

"Fuck you," she said with a smile on her face, shaking her head. She looked at me, as my face turned red from all my laughs.

"You know what? Fuck you too, Joe." She said, making me stop. I looked at her my eyebrows raised as she tried hard not to smile.

"Say you didn't mean it," I said, a grin on my face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Caspar sit down, the camera facing us.

"Nope."

"Come on, Alyssa!"

"No, I won't."