chapter thirty

JOE SUGG'S POV
"Caspar, can you take any longer? We're already late!" I yelled to him as I grabbed a couple of things from around the flat and stuffed into a backpack. After waiting two weeks, Alyssa was finally coming home and we were all going to Brighton. Zoë tried to organize a welcome home party for Alyssa too, but Alfie and I managed to talk her out of it, explaining that she needed to relax and rest.

"I'm sorry, that I have to shit!" He yelled right back, causing me to groan.

"Just hurry the fuck up! The uber's been waiting like ten minutes for us!"

The only response I got was the sound of the door shutting. I groaned and looked down at the hoodie on my hands. I was pretty sure that Zoë was bringing Alyssa's clothes but I wanted to be prepared just in case Alyssa got cold. Plus, I liked the way that my hoodies smelled after she wore it. I stuffed it into the backpack and slung it around my shoulders.

You're so fucking cliché.

It smells good, how can I go wrong?

Alfie texted me around an hour ago, telling me that he got Alyssa's phone fixed, which I was happy about because I was pretty sure that she would want it today. I looked down at my own phone and turned it on, smiling at all the messages that my viewers were sending me. Alfie, Caspar, Zoë and I, and a lot of our friends had announced that Alyssa was finally coming home and the response that we got blew me away. Lots of our viewers were supportive and they were happy to see that she was coming home and others were still betting on Alyssa and I's relationship, but in the end they were all positive. There were a few protective fans, but it wasn't anything that we couldn't handle with a quick reply.

"Look who's waiting for who, now," I heard someone to say and I looked up only to see that Caspar was standing in front of me with his shoes on.

"You were just-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. We should get going, we wouldn't want to keep the uber waiting."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and slipped on my shoes before locking the door behind me and following Caspar outside. He was walking towards the car quickly, opening the door and motioning for me to get inside. I slid inside beside him and closed the door behind me before getting myself situated.

"Hi, how are you?" The driver asked as I smiled up at him.

"I'm good, thank you!"

"You two seem like you're in a hurry," he pointed out, motioning towards put sweaty and panting state. "Where to?"

"St. Thomas' hospital," I said, watching as his expression changed.

"Do you have a loved one there?"

"Yeah, um my girlfriend. She's coming home today."

"That's good to hear."

That was the last thing he said which made me assume that he wanted to end the conversation quickly. Judging by the way his expression changed, something must've happened in his life but I wasn't the nosy type.

Caspar and I talked amongst ourselves but when it came to the driver he was silent. It was an awkward type of silence and Caspar and I didn't know how to approach him so we just stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. He brought us to our destination quickly and I ended up being the one who paid him. After a quick thank you, he was well on his way, speeding out of the parking lot and onto the road.