chapter ten

310...311...312...313...314...315. I stopped in front of Joe's room and looked at the golden bold numbers. I raised my hand slightly before I suddenly lowered it. I didn't want to be here. I started to walk away from the door before the thought Zoë and Troye crossed my mind. The look on their faces if I went back to our room with no news at all, they would be devastated.

I took a deep breath and turned back around ever so slowly. I knocked on the door slightly, hearing the soft shuffle of feet against the carpet. The door opened, only to reveal a shirtless, shocked looking Joe.

Shirtless.

I tried to focus on his face but I soon found my gaze lingering downwards as I took in every feature. Every damn detail. I don't know how long I was staring for, but the sound of him clearing his throat startled me slightly, as I tore my gaze away and looked upwards.

"I think we need to talk," I said as he nodded slowly.

"Come on in," he said as he opened the door wider. I squeezed past him and looked around his hotel room, which was similar to mine. I hesitantly sat down on the edge of Joe's bed as I looked up at him. He grabbed a hoodie from the chair beside him and placed it over his head.

"You want to talk about last night, don't you?" He asked as he sat down beside me. I pursed my lips into a thin line and nodded.

"Remember the night of the premiere when you convinced me to sneak out with you?" I asked, choosing my words carefully.

"Yeah, I enjoyed sneaking out with you," he said simply with a grin in his face.

"I never told you that Alfie was watching us the whole time. That he saw us holding hands and whispering to each other. You know, he told me that when he told you to stay away from me, he was trying to protect me....and after what I saw yesterday, I think I should've listened to him Joe."

"Alyssa, don't do this, don't push me away."

"You told me you didn't want to mess up anything between us!" I said loudly.

"I know!" He replied, matching my tone of voice. He ran a hand through his light brown hair and suddenly got up from where he was seated.

"J-Just let me explain what happened," Joe stammered slightly at the beginning of his sentence. I let out a shaky breath and got up from the bed as I stood beside him now.

"You don't get it, I don't want to hear it. Not when I-" I stopped myself before I could go on.

"When you what, Alyssa?" Joe asked, looking at me curiously. I shook my head in denial, not wanting to say what I was about to say. Not wanting to admit it.

"When you what?" He repeated again, a small smirk on his face. I looked at him once and closed my eyes before the words just came out.

"When I have feelings for you."

"Y-You h-have feelings for me?" He echoed in disbelief.

"It scares the shit out of me, and I have no idea why. Maybe it's because-" I started to rant but Joe cut me off as he pressed his lips against mine. My body tensed up in shock as he kissed me, his hands wrapped around my waist. After a split second decision, I kissed him back, my hands running though his hair.