chapter nine

JOE SUGG'S POV
I slammed my fist into the wall, making a loud banging sound and pressed my back against the wall. As soon as I looked at her I saw it. Alyssa was heartbroken and it was all because of me. I knew that I regretted every single thing I did yesterday night when I saw her, looking at me with tears in her eyes. I pushed the thought away knowing that it would only make me feel worse.

"Joe?" I heard a voice say my name. I looked up to see Zoë staring at me with a concerned look on her face.

"Who sent you here?" I asked, carefully.

"You're my little brother Joe! Of course I'm going to be here for you, whatever the problem is," Zoë exclaimed as she leaned against the wall beside me.

"I-I don't want to talk about it."

"You have to talk to someone and if you don't want to do it here, then we'll go back to your hotel room."

I sighed and looked at her. Zoë's blue eyes were filled of hope.

"Fine," I said as she grabbed my arm and pulled me to the elevators. Zoë clutched onto my arm tightly as we waited for the elevator doors to open. When they finally did and we were inside, Zoë let go of my arm, replacing the tightness of her hold on it with pure pain.

"Bloody hell Zoë! You have a tight grip!" I grumbled as she waved me off.

"Suck it up, Joseph."

The mention of my full name, surprised me slightly but I didn't comment on it as the elevator doors opened. I looked up and watched as my sister walked out of the elevator without missing a beat. I, however, reluctantly followed her to my room. She stopped in front of the door and waited for me to get my room key out. I pulled it out of my pocket and completed the quick process to open my door.

As soon as I closed the door and looked at her, Zoë began to speak.

"Come here," she said, patting the space beside her. I sat down and faced her as she copied my actions.

"Now start from the beginning," she said as I took a deep breath. I ran a hand through my hair, making sure that it didn't fall flat all over my face. I parted my lips to speak and I soon found all the words that I've been keeping in for hours, flying out.

"After I left your room, I uh I came back here and got ready. It didn't take long considering that I didn't need to do much. After that, I was scrolling through Twitter, when the uh mini fridge caught my eye." I began but paused and looked at my sister. She nodded, urging me to continue on and so I did.

"I only meant to drink one Zoë, but then I found myself stumbling to dinner when the time came and then at the party, that's when it all fell apart."

"So you're telling me that you were already drunk when you came to dinner and then the party..." Zoë trailed off and looked up at me.

"Just made things so much worse." I finished her sentence as she nodded in understanding.

"What happened Joe?"

"After a few more drinks, I-I found myself stumbling out of the party and uh this girl, she uh grabbed my hand Zoë and just started kissing me. I didn't know her but I started kissing her back."

"Why the hell did you kiss her back?" Zoë asked the one question that I was dreading.

"The whole time I was kissing that girl, I imagined that it was Alyssa..." I whispered quietly but Zoë heard me. Her eyes widened slightly but she didn't say a word.