chapter eight

As I walked into the room where the party was, I scanned the room looking for either Alfie, Zoë or Troye. I quickly found Troye beside the bar and I walked over to him quickly. He looked at me curiously.

"Have you been crying?" He slurred, but I waved it off.

"I need a drink." I said as I waved the bartender.

"I'll have the same thing as him," I said as I motioned towards Troye. The bartender nodded once before I turned to Troye who was looking at me intently. The bartender passed me my drink and I thanked him. I took a sip of the alcohol as Troye draped his arm around my shoulder while he swayed to the music.

I laughed softly at his actions and looked at the entrance of the hall only to see Joe. His gaze caught mine but I looked away quickly as I copied Troye's actions, taking another sip of my drink. Soon enough, Zoë joined Troye and I as the two of us danced, taking sips of what was inside of our cups every few seconds.

It seemed that as the night dragged on, more people seemed to join our little group and soon I found myself ordering dozens of shots for people who wanted them.

Shots. Dance. Repeat.

When the lights came on and the woman from earlier told us that we should probably head to our rooms, we all booed but obliged. I found myself holding onto Troye, Alfie, and Zoë as we all held each other up, stumbling towards the elevators. It took us a while, but we finally made it to our room.

"That was fun!" Troye said as he fell onto my bed. Zoë and Alfie told us that they were going to bed as they walked up the stairs. Troye and I bided them farewell as I fell onto my bed beside him.

"Yousaidthatweweregonnagetdrunk!" Troye slurred as looked at him in confusion and let out a laugh.

"Slower Tro," I said as he raised his eyebrows and nodded, giggling with me."

"You said that we were gonna get drunk!" Troye repeated, this time slower.

"I know! Maybe I'm psychic..." I exclaimed but Troye shook his head.

"You're not psychic."

" I know, but that would've been cool." I said and frowned.

"Did anything interesting happen to you at the party?" He asked me.

"I was with you the whole time!" I exclaimed slowly and looked at the ceiling.

"I know but anything else?"

"Actually..." I said but I trailed off as I looked at him.

"Actually?" Troye said as he looked at me curiously.

"There's this boy, and I really really like him, but when I was trying to find the bathroom I saw him kissing another girl," I said as Troye raised his eyebrows.

"Who is it?"

"Is a secret Tro, you can't tell anyone!" I whispered as he laughed and nodded.

"Who is it, Alyssa?" He asked one more.

"It's Joe," I whispered as his eyes grew wide.

"Alyssa?"

"Hmm?"

"When I say this I mean as friends obviously but, I love you Alyssa."