chapter eleven

"Alyssa!" Troye's voice rang throughout the flat as I rushed down the stairs only to see him by the door, suitcases ready.

It's been two weeks since what happened at the hotel and I've been dreading this day ever since. Today, Troye was leaving to go back to Perth to spend Christmas with his family. I pushed the thought away and looked at him as he waited for me by the door, dressed in an Adidas sweater and jeans. I smiled as I grabbed my keys, knowing that everything was slowly falling into place.

Zoë and Alfie had taken a cab and were already at the airport with Caspar and Joe.

And I, was about to drive there with Troye.

Everything seemed perfect in this moment...except it wasn't. I was still keeping the guilt and the regret of letting Joe go and I had no idea what to do to get him back.

He and I hadn't talked in two weeks. I don't know if he was ignoring me or he was just too busy to bother dealing with me right now. Zoë, Troye and Alfie later found out what happened and surprisingly all of them were excited but disappointed when I told them that I let Joe go. Especially Alfie. Part me of me thinks that he's blaming himself for being overprotective in the beginning.

"Alyssa, you ready to go?" Troye called from the other side of the room, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I'll be right there," I said, as I looked around the flat once more just to see if I forgot something. I walked over to Troye and helped him with his suitcases as we both struggled to put them in the car. Once we were done, we found ourselves laughing hysterically due to the realization that we were both sadly unfit. I shook my head and smiled as I got into the driver's seat.

"Please tell me you have your license," he said as he looked at my hands on the steering wheel.

"I do."

He narrowed his eyes at me as I glanced over at him.

"Seriously, I do!" I exclaimed as he bursted out laughing once again. I turned on the ignition and soon enough we were on route to the airport. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Troye was the first one to speak.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot."

"Me too Tro," I replied and glanced at him quickly before setting my eyes back to the road.

"Joe hasn't talked to you in a while." He commented as he glanced down at my phone.

"Yeah he hasn't."

"Aren't you going to do something about it?"

"Well I'm actually seeing him today," I said quickly as Troye's eyes widened. Shit, he didn't know about the surprise.

"Really?!" He asked with an excited tone of voice.

"Yeah, they invited me to come over round their flat." I lied and let out a deep breath.

"Oh, isn't it going to be awkward?" He asked.

"I'll figure it out Troye, don't worry." I said as he smiled and looked out the window.

"Planning on coming back anytime soon?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"I have a few shows in the UK in April," he replied. He reached over to turn up the radio as a song that was playing ended. The intro to What Do You Mean? suddenly started to play as I looked at Troye. He smiled and started to sing along to song. After he sang a few verses, I joined in and started to sing along myself, not noticing that Troye stopped and was now listening to me. When I finally did notice, my face turned red because of that fact that I absolutely sucked at singing and that Troye did sing and he was fucking amazing at it.