chapter seven

It had been a week after the premiere when I actually sat down with Alfie and talked about what happened. He listened contently, as I explained every single detail to him. When I was done, he seemed to understand and he apologized, telling me that he would stop trying to protect me. I told him that I was sorry for how I acted in the car but he waved me off, saying that I was right and that he needed to stop being overly protective.

After that, everything seemed to go back to normal. I would visit Joe here and there and sometimes he would come here to Brighton. But over the past week, we hadn't really seen or talked to each other.

"Still waiting?" Troye asked me as he put some Nutella on his toast. I swear to god, he was crazy some times, considering that it was 11:30 at night.

"Maybe." I said and looked up at him, not really wanting to admit that indeed I was waiting for Joe to reach out to me.

"You want some Nutella?" He asked as I nodded diligently. Troye put Nutella on my toast and he put his plate beside me, passing me my own. We both took a bite in unison.

"My god," Troye breathed, as I looked at him, after taking another bite.

"You have chocolate all over your face," I said as he licked his lips.

"Is it gone now?" He asked as I nodded and smiled.

I took another bite as my phone rang, Joe's name flashing on the screen. I looked at Troye as I quickly swallowed my food and pressed the green accept button.

"Hello?" I said.

"Did I catch you at a bad time?" Joe asked.

"No don't worry," I assured him.

"I was just, God how do I say this?" He seemed to question himself.

I stayed silent as I waited for him to continue on.

"Well there's this Christmas party, with all these YouTubers like Zoë, Alfie, Marcus, Tanya, and Jim and I was wondering if you wanted to come? Troye's invited as well." He tacked on.

"When is it?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." He replied quickly.

"Let me just quickly ask Troye." I said as I put my phone on mute.

"Joe invited you and I to this YouTuber party, Zoë and Alfie are gonna be there too." I explained to him.

"It's tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, it is."

"I think Zoë mentioned it to me, and I wanted to ask you about it but I forgot."

"Are you in?" I asked as I looked at my phone, taking it off of mute.

"Definitely."

I put my phone to my ear as Troye agreed to come.

"Joe?"

"Yep?"

"I just talked to Troye and I think that we'll come."

"I forgot to mention to you that it's a two night thing. So make sure you and Troye pack a bag." His voice said on the other end of the line.

"Thanks for the invite Joe." I said.

"I'll see you tomorrow Alyssa."

"Bye." I said as I hung up the phone.

"Look at you getting an invite to a party from Joe!" Troye said excitedly and winked.

"I'm never going to hear the end of this am I?"