epilogue

JOE SUGG'S POV [THREE WEEKS LATER]
I looked down at the picture in my hand and smiled at the distant memory. Our smiling faces, the way her hand was hooked around my waist, snowflakes that brought out the brown in her dark hair.

You were way happier six months ago then you are now.

"Are you ready, babe?" She called, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I'll be down in a second," I called back, before placing the picture in my pocket and getting up from my bed. I walked down the stairs quickly and forced a smile onto my face.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"No reason," she smiled tightly and reached out for my hand. I hesitantly took it and intertwined our fingers together just to ensure that I didn't raise suspicion. "Let's just go."

"Okay," I whispered as I followed her out of the house. I took a deep breath as the warm spring air hit my face and exhaled it quickly as we walked towards the quaint coffee shop around the corner.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, love. Why do you keep asking?"

"I'm just worried that maybe-" she stopped and shook her head, looking down. "Never mind, it's stupid."

"I'm sure it's not."

"Do you still have feelings for her?" She asked softly and I drew in a sharp breath and closed my eyes before I answered.

"No," I whispered but even as I said the word I knew it was a lie. I could practically feel the picture grow heavier as I spoke the words. Truth be told, I wasn't sure if I was completely over the girl with the dark brown eyes and the snowflakes adorning her hair. But instead of saying that, I just looked up at the girl beside me and nodded in confirmation. "I'm completely over her. She doesn't even cross my mind anymore."

"I'm glad. She caused you enough trouble," she said rather harshly. I winced softly and shook my head because the truth was, Alyssa Deyes never caused me trouble. I was the one that broke her heart.

That's why she left you.

"Is Caspar coming as well?"

"Yeah, I think so," my reply was short as I looked down at the ground, trying to clear my thoughts. I was mildly aware of the way her thumb was stroking the outside of my hand but I was too numb to react. For the past three weeks I've been trying to avoid the topic of Alyssa Deyes as much as possible but now that I'd actually talked about it, I couldn't get her out of my brain.

"We're here," I heard her say, immediately snapping me out of my thoughts. I held the door open for her and smiled as she walked through it, worry underlying the happiness in her eyes. "Looks like Caspar is too."

She pointed towards the right side of the room and I followed her finger only to see Caspar tapping his fingers on the table. I smiled and began walking towards him, my hand immediately breaking off from hers to hug him.

"Brooklyn, it's nice to see you," Caspar whispered softly as he looked at the blonde beside me. She smiled back at him quickly and took a seat beside me.

"Right back at you."

"How are you guys? I haven't talked to both of you in a few days."

"We're fine," I managed to choke out as I looked around the coffee shop and couldn't shrug off the feeling of familiarity that surrounded me. "Have we been here before?"

"No, we hav-" Brooklyn started but Caspar interrupted her abruptly.

"Yeah, we actually have," he looked over at Brooklyn nervously before continuing on. "We met Marcus and Alyssa here once."

"Do you want anything?" Brooklyn asked me as she stood up abruptly. I shook my head softly and watched as she walked away quickly before looking at Caspar.

"Still a touchy subject, huh?"

"I can't stop thinking about her, Caspar," I whispered, looking around the coffee shop. My eyes scanned the crowd, the various faces, and fell on a girl with dark brown hair. Her face was covered by a book but she looked so familiar that I was sure that it was her.

"What are you looking at?" Caspar asked quickly as he turned to look around the coffee shop. He followed my gaze and I heard him gasp softly. "Is that-"

"It has to be."

"There's only one way to find out," he smirked and before I could stop him, he called out her name. Before she reacted, Caspar turned around to face me, leaving me gaping in her direction. I watched as she put her book down and looked around the room, her gaze passing over me.

"It's her," I gasped, feeling the picture in my pocket grow heavy once again. I could hear Caspar talking but I couldn't comprehend what he was saying. Hesitantly, I pulled out the picture and looked down at the two words on the back.

Too Good.

Alyssa Deyes had always thought that I was too good for her but in truth, she was always too good for me.