Chapter 18 - Your Knight In Shining Armour

Chapter 18:

CADEN'S POV:

My heart pounded hardly against my chest. How long has it been since I've been here? The beat up farm shed I mean.

It looked the same from the outside. The outside was dark and beat up. The entrance to the farm shed was kicked open and looked used a million times. Junk surrounded the area like a waste tip. Why would he take Ashley in here?

I cautiously shut the car door and stare at the place. Old memories fill my head, you see Chris always used to take the gang here.

Yes we were the gang, there was Chris, me, Logan and Harry. I was the youngest of the group. Anyone in our way would get beaten up by us.

When I looked back I wish I could change but its already been done. All those looting and bullying we done.

Yes everybody, me, Caden William Jones was a bad boy. I mentally laugh and then remember why I was here in the first place. Ashley.

I stride to the entrance and block out child hood nightmares I had about this place. Peering by the entrance, I walk in and instantly dust fills my nose and darkness covers my eyes. Freaking old places...

By memory, I remembered when you walk into the farm shed, there a big area for hay and then three doors, that lead to rooms for the stables. One of those doors was hopefully where Chris took Ashley. If I'm even right about Ashley being here.

I open the first wooden splinter full door and look around the room. It was dark and a faint smell of horse manure and hay lurked around the room.

Also it was dark with only the ray of sunshine from outside through the cracked wood for help, I look for any clue of Ashley.

I search every corner of the room and no Ashley. DOOR #1 Check but no Ashley, damn.

DOOR #2's turn now. I kick open the second door and again the smell of horse manure and hay fill my nose. This room was large and had a wall in-between it parting the room.

I walk and look around the first part and again no Ashley.

Just as I'm about to leave and check DOOR #3, I hear a scream. Running to the other part and hiding behind the hay cube, I get a clear view of.... Ashley and this dude with a cloth on his mouth hiding his appearance. It looked like he was forcing her to...eat?

"Dude fuck off. I'm not hungry!" Ashley protests while trying to kick her legs. I would be smirking at her if this situation wasn't serious.

The man with the cloth around his face ignores Ashley protests and continues shoving the piece of bread in her stubborn mouth.

When the dude finally notices shes not going to give in he leaves, by going through the door leading to DOOR #3. Leaving her alone.

He was probably going to tell Chris, so that would mean I had exactly 10 min to escape with Ashley. I walk around the cube and walk up to her. Her eyes go wide and she gives me a dumbfounded expression.

"Your knight in shining armor has arrived!" I whisper to her. Ashley scowls at me, her eyes narrowing on me.

"Caden, you got me into this situation, so don't start with bullshit about you being my knight shining armor!" She whispers harshly back.

My mood suddenly drifts and I smile sadly at her. "I'm so sorry ash. I didn't know he would take you!" I whisper back.

Ashley smiles back at me but then scowls. "He's gonna kill you, you have to leave, I got everything under control!" She looks at me desperately, her eyes telling me to leave.

I snort. "Ashley he's not going to kill me and if he tries I'm stronger, also If I'm leaving then your coming with me missy."

"Look Caden, you don't understand, he took me because he knew you'll come looking for me. It's a trap."

"Ashley, I don't care. I came here to save you and that's what I'm going to do." I say while rolling my eyes and walking up to her. The asshole tied her up in a chair.

While I try tugging and unknotting the rope around her, Ashley points a Swiss army knife at me. WAIT! What was she planning on doing with that knife? And how the hell did she get that?

When Ashley looks at my petrified expression, she starts laughing really loudly but then quietens down when she notices THAT we are in farm-shed WITH a psycho kidnapper and presumable KILLER wannabe.

"Dude, its to cut the rope off!" She says with a amused face. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I knew that!" I lie and take the knife of her and start cutting the rope.

"Right!" She drags.

"Why do you even have an army knife in your pocket?" I ask curiously while still cutting and concentrating on the rope.

"Mum told me to always keep it, for defense." She answers, looking happy that her mum told her that.

I smirk. "Nice." While I cut through the third and last rope around, she's finally free.

"I CAN BREATHE AGAIN!" Ashley says while standing up and dramatically in taking oxygen. Then she gets a disgusted expression on her face, "EW, foul air!"

I chuckle and pull her towards me, wrapping my hands around her. When I pull back to see her face, I see that she was blushing furiously. I smirk, "I missed you, and Ash you don't know how much I missed that cute little blush of yours!" I truly did miss her.

Ashley scowls and moves back a step. "I was not blushing!" She protests.

My smirk gets wider and I step closer to her, so our chests were touching. Then I touch her cheek and pull back dramatically, "AHH, its so hot!"

Her blush gets redder and she moves away from me again,"Caden!" She yells quietly, I smirk.

"I'd love to carry on this argument but we're in a very bad situation at the moment." I say while still putting my signature smirk on.

Her eyes widens and she looks so cute, I want to put her in my pocket and play with her all day. Wait? Did I just say that? Damn, I'm turning into a softie.

I grab her hand and instantly sparks flow through the simple touch. I pull back and stare at my hand. "Did you feel that too?" Ashley asks, still wide-eyed.

"Feel what?" I shrug, lying yet again about my hidden feelings for Ashley. Yes, I like Ashley, but its blatantly obvious she doesn't like me. How I wish she did...

Her expression turns undefined and she nods slowly walking in front of me, telling me to follow. I quickly take the lead and lead her to the entrance of the shed. Thank god Chris didn't catch us!

"Now where do you think you guys are going?" A brisk voice says, I turn around and growl.

Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear!