Chapter 43 - Permanents

(Chapter 43)

"I can't believe this..I can't. He's such a damn creep." Ros states in anger, her arm furiously moving back and forth as she scrambled the eggs in the pan in front of her. She was moving with such speed and pressure, I was sure the eggs was going to become a fine powder by the time she was finished with it.

I had just explained to her what happened last night with Chris, the two investigators, and Caden and I - let's just say she wasn't too happy about what happened. Not that anyone would be, I guess.

I gently push Ros away from the stove with my hip and take the wooden spoon out of her hands. "Here, let me do it."

Ros immediately turns to face me, her eyes narrowed and places her hands on her hips, "I don't get it, why aren't you angry? You've been calm about this whole thing throughout, even when you were explaining it to me this morning."

"I...just...I don't know, Ros." I quietly say in response.

"Ash, babe. It's okay to let your feelings come to the surface, especially with me and everyone that loves you. We're here for exactly that reason, to comfort you, to help you, to look after you. So tell me, how do you feel about what happened last night?"

I sigh and look sideways at her, "I feel neutral about the whole situation. Last night, he looked sorry. When he was in the investigators car...he looked like he was sorry. Even if he didn't say it, his eyes told me, yaknow? I guess that was enough for me to just forgive him." I turn the stove off and start piling half the portion of eggs in the pan into a plate and the other half into another plate. "Honestly, I just want to forget these past few years with him. I want to forget he even exists and enjoy my life with everyone I love."

Ros gives me a small smile and nods in understanding. She takes the half filled plates from the table, then piles toast, bacon and hash browns onto them.

"Anyway, " She exclaims, clapping her hands together then taking the two plates into her hands. "C'mon, let's take these to the two idiots."

I smile, and follow her out of the kitchen door. I was thankful she didn't press on the subject further and respected that I just wanted to forget everything that happened between Chris and I these past few years.

However, once we get to the living room, the sight we see was a picture. Caden and Alex were both on the sofa bed, both snoring their heads off. Caden with his arms and legs draped over Alex and Alex like a little caterpillar all curled up into a cocoon-like ball.

Ros raises her finger to her lips and smirks - she places both plates of food on the coffee table quietly and moves towards the both of them, and I follow suit. I snigger when I see Caden's got his mouth wide open and some drool was appearing at the corner of his mouth.

Looking attractive as always, Cade.

I cover my mouth in order to stop the abrupt laughter flowing out my mouth. God, this was brilliant.

Ros puts a finger up at me to signal for me to wait a minute and runs upstairs. Once she's back, she has two baby's dummies in her hand. I had no idea why she had those in her possessions but god, did I not want to know the reason. Ros was crazy, and everyone who experienced her first hand everyday knew that.

She hands me one of the dummy's and we both smirk at each other, knowing exactly what each other is thinking. I tip toe towards Cade and part his lips with the dummy, trying to shove it in his mouth without him waking up but this causes him to stir a bit in his sleep. I freeze, looking over at Ros, who's trying to keep herself from bursting out into a fit of laughter.