Chapter 39 - Caden Happened

Chapter 39:

"I don't want to do this." That's all I've basically been repeating as I sit in Caden's car. Yes, you've guessed it, Cade has convinced me to see Ros and Alex. I hate how he can convince me so easily.

Cade laughs as he pulls to the side of the road.

"Why do I sense a bit of deja-vu here?" Caden asks while smirking at me.

I turn to look at him and plead him with my eyes, "Please don't let me do this?" I say but it comes out more as a question and he chuckles.

"Ashley. I'm here with you. It'll turn out fine. You're acting like you're going to do this alone." I sigh and unstrap my seat belt.

"You're right. I'm being stupid. As long as you're here, I'm okay." I smile at him. Caden looks at me like I've killed someone.

"Wait..what?" He asks, his mouth hanging.

"You're here, why do I have to be scared?" I grin at him and open my door. Cade just sits inside, his mouth still hanging, his eyes popping out.

"What did you do to my Ash?" He asks as I open his door and wait for him to come out.

I laugh. "Caden happened." I state and start walking up the path leading up to the house.

It was true. Caden was all I needed to tackle this. Let's just say he was my secret weapon. I needed him. And I was just making this seem like a big deal, so what if Ros hated me? I could just beg and plead till I got her back. So what if Alex looked at me like he didn't know who I was? Beg and plead.

That was the plan.

Yup, I was a genius.

I wait for Cade to catch up with me and when he does he smirks at me and says, "Ya'know, I like this new attitude. You should bring it into bed sometime." He winks at me and I laugh.

"Shut up, slut, the only chance you'll see me in your bed will be the day the oh so famous pig learns to fly."

"What if that happens tomorrow?" He grins.

"Then you're definitely in for a chance, babe." I wink. Cade chuckles and grabs my hands, "You ready?" I nod and gulp.

It was time.

I knock on the door and wait for it to open. I wonder what Ros and Alex look like now? Are they married? Do they have kids? Shit, if they had kids it'd make the best friend run in pretty complicated.

And why was it taking them so long to open the door?

~~

CADENS POV:

"Caden, I don't think they're here."

"Their cars are here, Ash."

"What if they saw me but refuse to open the door?"

I roll my eyes, "Ash, even if they did that, they would have saw me and would have to open the door. Since I am their friend."

"Cade, I'm really scar-" Before ash could finish her sentence, the door opens and Ros was staring at us. Her mouth open in surprise as she stares at Ashley. She looks over at me then to Ash and thats how it goes for the next couple of seconds.

"Ros?" I ask and I smirk as I watch her blink repeatedly in shock. Ash rolls her eyes and waves at her, putting Ros out of her frozen moment. 

"Hey." Ash says. Even though her voice came out confident, I could see she was really nervous on the possibility whether Ros would slam the door in her face.