Chapter 30 - Going Back To What I Was

Chapter 30:

CADENS POV:

Outside the college windows, it was a beautiful view. The sun shining, birds singing to each other from trees, the flowers and ivy just blossoming. It was so pretty yet a delicate rare view. You had to go somewhere to see that view.

Like Lake College in California.

"Dude? That girl has been sitting, crying, outside our door ever since you came in here." Jonathan said. He stares at me from across the room and I give a glance at our door.

"What girl?" I ask, opening and closing random apps on my phone.

"I think her names Kayley...Kirsty...Kenna?" Jonathon says, unsure. I chuckle and throw my pillow at his head, which hits him, and he glares at me.

"Kirsten. Her names Kirsten. You hardcore player." I say, smiling at him.

"Whatever. Just because you used to be a player and you're not now doesn't mean you didn't used to forget girls names as well." He says, still glaring at me.

"Jonathon, I had more pride than that." I say, smugly.

"Why did you stop your man-whoring ways anyway?" He asks, curiously. I squeeze my eyes shut and clench my fists. No-one knew why I suddenly stopped being a player. It was like a riddle, needing to be solved.

Only Me, Georgina, Mum and Clarissa know.

"A girl." I mutter. I slowly breath out and open my eyes out to staggeringly bright lights above

"A girl? Don't tell me. You loved her, commited yourself to her and she left you for shit?"

"Sorta." I say and shrug.

"All I'm saying, man, is let her go. She's not worth it, if she left you or whatever. Move on. A girl can't just stop you being a player all of a sudden." Jonathon runs his hands through his hair and frowns. It seemed like...it seemed like this happened to him...before?

"Have you experienced this before, Jonathon?" I ask him.

He shakes his head quickly, still frowning and turns around to his computer. "Of course not!"

"Oh." Maybe, I should move on. Fuck, its been four years. No girls. No parties. No sex or alcohol. Nothing. Jonathon's right, a girl just can't change me all of a sudden.

But Ash wasn't just any girl. She was my everything.

No.

I shake my head. I refuse to stop. Come on Caden, I bet she has moved on, it's time for you to. This is who you are, this is how you used to be. Be that person again. Move on, forget her.

I get up from my bed and walk to the door, pulling the door open. Kirsty was there, leaning against the wall. Her mascara smudged and her eyes sad. She rubbed one of her eyes and looked closely to see if it was really me.

"W-why did you come?" She asked while sniffling. I put my trade-mark smirk on and walk towards her, pulling her up and kissing her right on the lips. She moans and puts her arms around my waist, growling slightly.

"I'm back, babe." I say as we pull away. She giggles and runs her hands through my hair.

But of course, this felt wrong. Only one person was made to touch and kiss me like that. But I had to forget her.

Fuck you, Ashley.