Chapter 17 - Reality hurts

Chapter 17:

ASHLEYS POV:

I groan and open my eyes. Rubbing my eyes, I stare around the room. It was dark (I couldn't see anything) with a dim light flickering from the top, there was a musty smell wafting around the room and I couldn't help but scrunch my nose up. This place looked like a... farm shed?

Suddenly everything comes rushing back to me. The text, pizza hut, the prank on Caden, Chris. I looked down at myself and find I'm tied to a chair with rope. My mouth was taped with duct tape.

"So, I see you're awake?" A low voice comes from the distance. I look that way and find Chris smirking at me.

I try screaming but my voice just muffles against the tape. Chris's smirk gets wider and he steps closer to me. My eyes widen and I try shuffling back in the chair but it doesn't budge a bit. OMG, I'm in a room with a maniac...

"Ashley, tell me why are you trying to get away from me?" Chris growls. I look at him sarcastically and look down at my mouth that was taped. Really how am I supposed to tell him why when I can't even talk?

He rips the tape from my mouth, which results in a wail from me. "OWWW!" I scream and wince in pain. I glare at Chris.

"What do you want?" I shout at him.

"You." He says and walks towards me.

I shudder in disgust and try prying the ropes of around me with my locked hands. "Why do you want me?" I ask confidently but really I was shitting myself, I was that scared.

"Because of Caden." He scowls as he says Cadens name. My mind wanders of to Caden and I smile. Wait, why the hell am I smiling?

"So has Caden told you what he has done to me in the past?" Chris growls snapping me back to reality.

I narrow my eyes at him and scowl. "No, he didn't." I say. Might as well hear Chris' side of the story.

I look down at my pocket and find my swiss army knife my mum always says I should keep in my pocket as defence. Thank god for mums!

"Well I guess I'll have to tell you then." He says and sits on a dirty cardboard box. I glare at him but nod for him to continue. I needed a distraction to get my swiss army knife out anyway.

"Caden and I were friends, he was my... drug buddy as you may put it..." Yeah chris so true, it's not like you forced him to take drugs "We were mates. I trusted him. He trusted me. One day, I saw the new english teacher and I coudn't resist, I wanted her but caden saw me, he sent me to jail. He's the cause of my misery." He growled the last part and I flinch. "Thats why I got you, caden stole my freedom, I steal his girl. His love." He says while eyeing me.

I instantly put a disgusted face, "Oh please! He hates me, I hate him it's a win win situation." I say while rolling my eyes.

"I see the way he looks at you, it's quite obvious he cares about you!" He shout/growls at me.

I glare at him, "Well that might be, because we are friends!" I yell in the same pitch at him.

"He likes you and you know it!" He shouts back at me.

Do I like caden as in more than friends? I shake my head. Not possible.

"Do you actually have a sister?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT!" He yells.

"Just tell me...please." I say, while reaching into my back pocket and pulling my army knife out, but hiding it so chris can't see what I'm doing.

"No, I only said it cause I saw caden coming towards us, so I left. Jealousy was part of my plan." He says while sighing.

"HE WAS NOT JEALOUS!" I shout at him.

"Think what you think." He smirks. I send a glare his way and start flicking the knife out and sawing the rope that tied my hands back. Slowly.

"What exactly are you going to do to me?" I ask.

"Just keep you here until caden appears, then I can get down to buisness." He happily smiles.

My eyes widen, no caden can't die! I have to keep him away from chris!

"If you want to kill him, why didn't you just kill him at his own party?" I start sawing harder against the rope.

"Too many witnesses." He shakes his head and sighs sadly, like he actually wanted to kill him there and knowing chris he probably did.

"You're mental!" I shout at him.

"Loads of people tell me that. Including the guards in prison." He smirks.

I shuffle back. "You mean... you escaped prison?" I ask in amazement.

"Crappy security means freedom." Chris stands up and pushes my chair back to where it was and sits back down while smirking at me. I glare.

"Hmph." I saw harder and harder putting pressure on to the rope. I really had no idea what to do after the rope was cut, hit chris and run like my life depended on it?

"You like him." He states and leaves. I stare at him in amazemement. Do I like caden? true, I felt butterflies in my stomach everytime I'm near him, but liking the hottest player in my highschool? He brings a smile to my face when I'm down and I did miss him the last few monthes he ignored me.

Oh my god.

I think I'm falling for the jerk.

And thats when I drop my swiss army knife on the floor in a clatter.

~~

CADENS POV: [A/N Sorry for the constant changes in POV.]

I had to find ashley.

If chris the fucker did anything to her, I swear I will kill him! I called clarriss and told her what happened, which didn't go that well because everytime I tried to be calm and tell her what happened she shouts and says shes coming straight over, not even listening to my advice to stay where she is.

I also told mum. She was as worried as clariss was! But I think that might be because mum thinks of ash as her daughter.

And lastly I told ros and alex, they were also frantic but at least they listened to me to stay where they are.

I search all over town with the help of the police. Everywhere she might go I searched. Starbucks. Ros's house. School. The park. The library.

She was no-where. Where the fuck did he take her?

Then it hit me like a ton of elephants. Where did chris go when he got angry? Where chris go to get laid?

The beat up farm shed!

I get into my car and drive the direction. Not even listening to the calls of the police. I had to find her and fast!

~~

[Side pic - Banner]

Song at the side --> Dancing With Tears In My Eyes by K$sha (:

Caden is pronounced CAY-DEN.