Chapter 5 - Surprise, Surprise!

Chapter 5:

"Mum, I'm home!" I yell, when I get through my front door.

My mum appears in the hall way with a big grin on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask suspiciously.

"Why would you presume somethings wrong, are you trying to tell me something, Ashley?"

"No mum, I just want to know why there's a grin on your face." I sigh. I'm already tired from my first day of high school and with the Caden thing going on, it makes me even more miserable. I haven't even met the headteacher, who happens to be Cadens 'mum'.

"We're going to meet our neighbors!" My mum exclaims suddenly, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Mum please I'm really tired." I whine childishly.

"No Ashley, It's important to meet our neighbors or it will be really rude." Mum says sternly.

"Please?" I ask again.

"No! Go change right now Ashley Roberts." Mum commands.

I heave a dramatic sigh and walk up stairs, hitting my bag on each stair as I go to annoy my mum.

"ASHLEY ROBERTS STOP THAT NOISE AT ONCE!" My mum yells from downstairs.

I smirk to myself and enter my room. It's probably some 4 year old with sappy parents next door.

I put a white sleeveless top and put a cut-short light blue skirt. I put my over-sized jumper with a 88 on the front and put my dark blue converse on. One stroke of mascara and I'm done.

I run downstairs to the large kitchen and see mum with a big pie in her hands.

"Mum, isn't it supposed to be them who give the welcome gift?" I ask.

"Yes dear, but I thought I might surprise them!"

"Nice." I mumble and sit down on the breakfast table stool.

"Anyway, how was school?" Mum asks, putting down the pie on the breakfast table and sitting next to me.

"Very... interesting." I stare out through the window.

"That's good honey!" My mum says. That's why I love my mom, she never prompts me or expects me to say more.

Mum stands up and brushes herself down. She gets the big pie then looks at me expectantly.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"Come on hon, it's neighbor meeting time!" Mum giggles and flicks her blonde hair back.

"Hmmpphh." I stand up and follow mum out.

Oh god.

~~

"Mum, please let me go home, I think I'm going to pass out!" I say frantically.

"Ashley shut up, we're already here so don't you dare run!" Mum scolds at me.

My neighbors front garden is exactly like mine but they have pink and blue flowers, while we have plain grass. Really big as well, like ours.

There's two posh cars parked in front of the garage and one more space for a third car.

Hmm... I wonder who's not here.

Mum rings the bell and waits with that big stupid pie in her hands. While, I stand outside the door fiddling with my hands.

The door opens to reveal a lady in her mid forties. Dark brown hair scraped into a messy bun, brown kind eyes and tanned wrinkle-free skin.

Her face reminds me of someone, but I can't remember who.

Her face lights up in confusion. My mum grins and pushes the bewildered lady the pie.

"Hi, we're your new neighbors!" Mum cheerfully greets.

"Oh wow, I'm so sorry I didn't know there was new neighbors, or I would have came to welcome you guys!" She says her eyes full of sympathy.

"Aww, it's no biggie, I'm Clarissa and this is my daughter Ashley." Mum says to the lady.

The lady looks at me and smiles, that looks so familiar. "Hi Clarissa." She nods at mum. "Hi Ashley." She smiles at me again. "What a lovely daughter you have!" She compliments mum. I blush and look away.

The lady holds her hand out towards mum. "I'm Samantha but call me Sam, you too Ashley!" Sam says.

I nod and smile.

"Come on in and thank you for the pie!" Mum walks in and I follow her.

"No probs!" Mum says as me and her sit on the big L shaped auburn red sofa in her living room.

"So, what do you work as?" Mum asks.

"A headteacher in Rosewood high school."

"Oh my gosh, darling I think that's your headteacher!" Mum exclaims, stating the obvious. Great going mom.

"Oh, you're Ashley Roberts?" The lady asks mum.

"Yeah."

"Oh my, you're the new girl, well I guess you might have to call me Ms Jones then."

"Oh ok, Ms Jones."

"Darling, you can call me Sam outside school of course!" Sam/Ms Jones giggles.

"Oh!" I blush red.

I look at my shoes and sigh.

"Well, I did ask my son to show you around school today." She says, frowning at the clock, breaking the precious silence.

WOAH WAIT!

Son? but Caden showed me to first lesson today...

Oh no.

No freaking way. My next door neighbors is my head teacher.

And to make it even worse, Caden Jones, the schools hottest player and also my school guide who I upset today is my neighbor/heads son.

Well, looks like Caden was telling the truth about his mum being the head.

I hear the sound of a car driving up the drive way. 

"Oh goodie, Cadens here!" Sam exclaims clapping her hands together.

I hear the door open with a quiet groan and footsteps approaching closer and closer to this room.

"Mum, I'm home!" Caden shouts loudly.

Now, can my day get any worse?