Chapter 19 - No Need To Yell, Small One

Chapter 19:

ASHLEY'S POV:

Both Caden and I turn around at the same time. The menacing voice could only come from Chris. I heard a low growl come from Caden and I look over at him worriedly.

When my eyes flashed back to Chris, he wasn't looking at me. No, he was looking at Caden with eyes only filled with hard revenge.

I had to do something!

"Haha Chris, whatcha doing here?" I say with a shaky laugh. My palms were sweating and I looked at Chris questionably.

Chris gave me a quick look but straight away looked back at Caden, a sly smile spreading on his face. "Well, I do believe I was going to kill Caden here, isn't that what I told you Ashley?" He says still smirking at Caden.

Caden scoffs next to me and gives Chris a stare back. "Not going to happen Daniels." Caden sneers confidently. I shiver and wish I could be back home, with Ros and Alex watching re-runs of Family Guy and eating extra sticky toffee popcorn.

Chris narrows his eyes at Caden and steps a menacing step towards him. "Jones, don't make me kill you now, if you be a good boy and stand still I could maybe give you a slow painful death. That's what you want right?" Chris smirks sarcastically and gets out a pocket knife from his back pocket in a flash. Woaaah, were'd he get that from?

Caden being freaking Caden doesn't take the hint and just stands still. He puts one hand on his hip and the other on his chin, pretending to think. "Hmm, let me think, I'll take the third choice." He states.

My faces scrunches in confusion, and Chris's face reflects mine. "Third choice?" Chris asks, dropping the knife slightly from the raised position it was in.

I look at Caden and Caden flicks me a look back, "RUUUN!" He yells and holds my hand and drags me outside. I hear the pounding of Chris's feet behind us and we run faster.

An instant spark flies between our hands and I frown again while running. Was it just me that felt that, I asked Caden if he felt it and he looked away from me and said no. Was he lying? Naah, I'm probably gone crazy.

Caden pulls me towards a silver Lamborghini. Cadens car. He gets his keys out of his back pocket and clicks the unlock button and straight away the car flashes. Cadens goes around to the drivers seat while I open the door to the passenger seat.

While I lock my door and Caden starts the car, I look out and see a group of people dressed in black and with black masks on their face and also Chris positioning his knife in a throwing position towards Cadens window.

"CADEN QUICK!" I scream, my voice coming out quite dry and scratchy. Caden fumbles with the keys and pushes it in the key hole and goes into gear and reverses out of the place.

Chris's knife slits near side of Cadens door, but doesn't do anything to it, while Caden drives faster, resulting in a ruuum sound from the car.

"Damn, that was close." Caden mutters, while still going faster on the road.

"You tell me.." I whisper back, licking my dry parched lips. A moments of silence envelopes the space between us and I awkwardly stare out of the passenger window. "Look Caden, thanks." I mutter quietly.

"What did you say love? I'm getting old you see." Caden smirks while leaning slightly towards me. I roll my eyes but a small smile plays on the edge of my lips.

"THANKS CADEN!" I yell in his ear loudly. Ha take that!

Caden winces and leans away from me. "No need to yell small one. But no problem." He smirks.

I glare at caden. "I am not small!" I retort my voice cracking slightly.

"Chill ash. I was joking with ya."

And then the silence fills the car once again. Awkward much?

~~

"OHMIGAWD ASHLEY YOU SCARED ME STIFF, WHOEVER THAT BASTARD IS, I'LL KILL HIM FOR TAKING YOU, OK? DON'T WORRY!" Ros shrieks in my face. She hugs me and uses her hand to smooth down my hair, soothingly.

Sam, Caden and Alex were standing behind me and Ros with a amused expression on their faces, while Ros jabbers on about using a stick to poke Chris to death.

Caden clears his throat and Ros turns around facing the three. Instantly her face turns red as a beetroot. I giggle and sit on the L shaped sofa in Cadens home.

Wooow! For some reason I missed this house so much.

"Sorry! I was just worried about my best friend!" Ros mutters sarcastically and slumps next to me on the seat.

The others laugh and join us on the sofa. I never thought this house could feel like home. Ever. But actually I heart this place more than my house. How weird.

"Soo who's up for Chinese food, kids?" Sam asks raising her eyebrows.

My stomach rumbles and everyone laughs. "Me?" I ask, embarrassed. Caden, Alex and Ros continue laughing and nod their head in agreement.

I never thought this day could get better, but actually it did.

~~

"Young lady, you should have told me you had a stalker then I could have at least stayed home or at least taken you with me!" Mum scolds over the phone.

I laugh quietly, Caden convinced me to tell mum that I had a stalker instead of the truth. "Ashley Jones! I heard that snigger." She shouts across the line.

I could see her face now. Red with anger but still getting the funny side. Did I mention how much I love mum?

"Sorry mum, I didn't know, okay?" I try to reason with her.

"Ok. Now tell me, are you okay? Keep calm! Okay...okay. Shall I call the police? What happened?" Mum jabbers on. I smile.

"Yes mum I'm okay, and yes I'll keep calm, NO don't call the police and its best if you didn't know what happened." I say, sitting on my bed with the receiver against my ear.

"Ahh, okay fine...so any hotties since I left?" Mum asks eagerly.

I laugh loudly and lie on my bad against the soft bouncy mattress. Then I tell mum about whats happened lately and about the hotty to notty in my school and news about Ros, Alex, Sam and Caden.

Excluding the part about me being kidnapped by a drug addicted ex prisoner of course.

Finally, I tell my mother I have to sleep and put the phone down.  I frown to myself as I look up towards my ceiling, what shall I do about Chris?