Chapter 14 - Truth Be Told

Chapter 14:

My head was pounding and I had to put my hand to my head to steady myself. God, this must be how a hangover feels like. I feel like shit.

I open my eyes and the brightness of the room makes me shut them again. What the hell? Who freaking opened the curtains?

I vaguely remember last night as... well just full on partying.

I hear a groan on the floor and my head snaps to that direction. What the fuck? A head pops out from under neath the covers on the floor and there appears a...Ros?

"Ros?" I ask groggily, while squeezing my eyes shut but pointing my head in the direction of the floor where Ros was currently sleeping.

"I crashed here last night." She explains and gets under the covers again. I shrug to myself and get off my bed to shut the curtains fully. I then jump into my bed and fall into a blissful sleep.

~~

"GOOOOOD MORNIN' SUNSHINE!!" I hear a slam of the door hitting my wall, I look that way and find Caden with a big grin on his face.

"Shut your trap Caden." I say while slamming my head back onto my pillow.

"Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He says still grinning.

"Yep I did." I say. I look up at the ceiling. Wait wheres Ros? I look at the floor and find covers folded neatly by the wall.

"Where's Ros?" I ask Caden, confusingly.

Caden shrugs. "She got an ape call from her mum to get 'the fuck back home' and she went rushing home." Oh, I mentally laugh in my head. Poor Ros.

"So its Saturday..." Caden says awkwardly.

"Mhhmm."

"I still got to finish what we began yesterday." Caden whispers in my ear. Wait, how did he get from the doorway to my bed so quickly?

"Nothing began yesterday and you know it Caden." I say while rolling my eyes and shuffling to the other side of the bed.

Caden takes this as an invitation and jumps next to me on the bed.

"Something did." He says mysteriously. WHAT? No, nothing could have happened. But I was drunk so...

"You should have saw your face Ashley." Caden says laughing. I glare at him and stifle a yawn. I guess my hangovers gone then.

I rest my head back onto my pillow. Stupid Caden and his stupid jokes.

"What were you saying about Chris yesterday?" I ask. Really, I was curious why did he get so I don't know... angry?

Caden goes stiff at the change of subject "Ashley..." Caden sighs.

"Tell me." I say stubbornly.

"We used to be mates even though he was 3 years older than me. He peer pressured me into taking drugs and smoking when I was only 14. He was a dick. He got arrested trying to rape a young teacher, I told on him and I think he came back yesterday to my party for revenge." Caden shivered. Something about the way his eyes showed truth made me believe him.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I ask slowly.

"If you don't believe me. I don't care. I saw it with my own eyes." Caden gets up from the bed but before he could walk of I grab his wrist and pull him back down.

I wrap my arms around Caden, my head on his chest and hug him. Yep, I hugged him.If someone told me, I would be hugging Caden in the future three weeks ago, I would have laughed in their face.

He puts his head on top of mine. "Stay away from him Ashley, he's dangerous." He mutters.

Fuck, how am I supposed to stay away from Chris when I gave him my phone number?

~~

CADENS POV:

I don't know why I told Ashley everything. About Chris.

Ashley makes me feel like whatever I tell her she'll keep it. She won't tell anyone. When I saw Chris rape my English teacher, I didn't know what to do. She was fighting, trying to pry him of her.

She was too weak. Chris was a fucking monster. He could crack anyone's bones. I knew exactly why I ran to the headteacher partly because I liked Miss Wright, but mainly because I knew Chris deserved it.

He got arrested for sexually assault. The teacher moved states away. I got interviewed.

Now he's back to have revenge. Well I'm ready, I don't care what he does.

But if he dare touches Ashley, I'm going to kill him.