Chapter 36: Working on the Solos

Later on that day, in Studio 6, Connor was ready to work with Chloe and Brookie on their solos and Christi and Hollie were in there too to watch and Gianna was there to play the music as Holly, Kelly, Jill, Nia, Brooke, Paige.

"All right, Chloe, like we've told you before, your solo is called Life Is Like The Movies. It's about living your life like you were in a movie, and you are going up against Maddie, so you have to stay focused." He explained. "Music, please."

Gianna clicked play and the song was starting then Connor started to display the dance for Chloe, who was watching intently and he was dancing, he did some difficult moves and when he finished, he looked at Chloe.

"Can you do that?" Connor asked.

"I can do it and if there's anything i can improve on, let me know." Chloe replied.

"All right." Connor stated as Gianna replayed the music and Chloe began to do her dance as Connor looked on to see if he saw any flaws in the routine. "Chloe, your feet are sickled, you have to point your feet."

Chloe applied the correction and pointed her foot, then when she did a fan kick, her leg wasn't straight at the peak point of the kick.

"Straighten your leg out." Connor said, in a firm tone, he was tough like Abby, but was more permissive as Chloe applied that correction as well and she continued her dance as Connor pointed out every flaw and Chloe corrected them and she finished her dance.

"How was that?" Chloe asked.

"You did good, but we'll work on your solo some more to make sure that we got the kinks out." Connor answered.

"Ok."

"Now, i'm gonna work with Brookie on her solo."

"Little Brookie, like it was explained before, your solo is entitled Neon Lights, it's about a form of lighting." Connor told Brookie.

"Ready when you are, Mr. Connor." Brookie said, then after she said that, Gianna played the song and Connor demonstrated the moves and when he was done, Brooke K mimicked his movements and whenever she heard Connor point out the flaws, she applied the corrections.

"Little Brookie, extend that leg when you spin." He said calmly as he watched. "When it comes to a leap, you gotta travel when you leave the ground."

Brookie finished her dance after 25 minutes of working on the solo as Hollie and Christi were watching.

"Little Brookie's solo looks good." Christi complimented.

"Thank you, Chloe's solo looks good too." Hollie said.

"You know to be honest with you, like it was said before, this is gonna be a close finish at Nationals on wednesday." Christi said.

"That might be likely."

"I wonder if Abby's having any luck with Maddie and Mackenzie on their solos?" Christi wondered.

"Who Knows?" Hollie responded.

In Studio A, Abby was about to work with Maddie and Mackenzie as Melissa was in there to watch the rehearsals and Gianna had just come in from watching her boyfriend work on the solos of Chloe and Brooke K.

"Maddie, i'm going to work with you on her solo and it's called Moments in Love." Abby told her briskly as Gianna turned on the the music and Maddie started to dance and was pointing out the flaws. "TURN YOUR LEG OUT, MADDIE!"

Maddie turned her leg out nervously as Melissa was cringing from seeing Abby yell at her older daughter while working on her solo and at one point when she did a leap, Abby saw that her feet was sickled.

"Maddie, POINT YOUR FEET!" Abby screamed and then when she saw more flaws, she pointed them out by yelling at her and then she saw that Maddie had a sad look on her face after she had told her to fix those legs when her legs were bent doing her leap. "You know what, i'm not going to work with a dancer that's not dedicated!"

"Abby, you are without a doubt a fat bully that likes to pick on my daughters!" Melissa snapped as she got up in Abby's face while Maddie was embarrassed.

"Your daughter wasn't giving enough effort in her routine like she used to!" Abby retorted.

"Maddie is number one!"

"Not anymore she isn't, not since she lost at last year's nationals so she should learn how to get used to it!"

"Maybe if she wins at Nationals, then you and Connor'll change your tune!" Melissa exclaimed and they start arguing loudly as Maddie looked very embarrassed as she and Mackenzie saw their mother arguing with their dance teacher and then when things calmed down, Abby worked with Mackenzie on her solo and there wasn't much drama.

Later on that day, Connor and Abby were sitting on the couch after a long day of rehearsing the solos of Maddie, Mackenzie, Brookie and Chloe and everyone had left to go home.

"How was the rehearsals with Brookie and Chloe?" Abby asked her son.

"It was good, i pointed out every flaw and made sure that they corrected them and Christi and Hollie didn't give me any trouble." Connor answered. "How was it with Maddie and Mackenzie?"

"Maddie had so many flaws, whenever i pointed them out, Melissa was glaring at me when i yelled at her daughter and when Maddie did an leap, her legs weren't straight and i pointed that out, then she looked like she was about to cry because of that, but Mackenzie's rehearsal was ok." Abby responded.

"Did Melissa yell at you, mom?" He asked.

"Yes, she called me a fat bully for yelling at Maddie and we went at it." Abby said.

"Mom, you're not fat. You are a beautiful strong woman that raised me well. Melissa needs to let it go and be thankful that we're molding the girls into stars." Connor told his mother.

"Thanks, Connor." Abby told her son. "You never fail to find the words that helps me feel better."

"You're welcome."

"All right, i'm about to go home, i'm tired and want to get some sleep." Abby said as she got up from the couch and Connor got up too.

"Me too. Good night, mom." Connor said, giving Abby a kiss on her cheek.

"Good night, sweetie." Abby said to her son, kissing him on his cheek as she then left the Millennium Dance Complex and headed to her escalade, she got in and pulled out of the garage and drove to her house. Then Connor left and the studio closed up for the night and he walked to his car, pepper spray in hand and he safely got in his car, pulled out of the parking lot and drove off to his home.

Twenty five minutes later, he arrived at his home and parked in the garage and headed inside of the house and locked up, then after watching TV, he headed to his room, got ready for bed and when he climbed into his bed, he fell asleep.