Chapter 14: Fun at the Santa Monica Pier

The next day, it was a Sunday afternoon at Connor's house and the time was 12:30 PM and Connor was sitting on the couch in the living room looking bored, wondering what to do on that day because usually on Sundays, he'd either go to church, go to Abby's house and do a crossword puzzle with her, play checkers or spend time in the house doing nothing and then Connor saw that his cell phone was ringing and he picked up.

"Hello?" Connor said.

"Hi, Connor. It's Christi." Christi responded over the phone.

"Hello, Christi. How's it going?"

"It's going good. I've got a suggestion for you."

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"How about you take Chloe to the Santa Monica Pier? Kendall can come with her."

"You know, i was having thoughts about going there. Sure, i'll take Chloe and Kendall!" Connor said.

"Ok, talk to you later." Christi said, then she hung up

"Good thing i showered when i woke up this morning." Connor said to himself and then he got up from the sofa and headed to his bedroom to look for something to wear, he chose a Los Angeles Kings T-Shirt, black jogging pants and Converse Black/White canvas sneakers, he let his hair hang down as he grabbed his keys and cell phone.

Connor left the house, locked up the house and got in his escalade, put the key in the ignition, turned it and the SUV came to life and drove to the gate and it automatically opened, then he drove down Sunset blvd. and headed to the Lukasiak Household, which was a 3711 square foot single family holme on Westholme Avenue and 9 minutes later, he pulled up and honked the horn to signal that he had just arrived.

Kendall and Chloe both came from inside of the house and headed towards the escalade, Chloe got in the front seat and Kendall got in the back seat, then Connor drove to Santa Monica Pier.

After 21 minutes had passed, they arrived at the Santa Monica Pier and Connor found a parking space and parked in a parking space

"Watch the Skee Ball master at work." Connor quipped as he grabbed a ball and threw it and it landed in the zero point section

"Ok, that's just one, but i now i got this."

He rolled the second ball, it landed in the zero point section again as Chloe and Kendall started snickering at his blunder.

"Something's wrong, this game must not agree with me like it used to."

Connor got the third ball and hoped that the third ball was the charm, he rolled it and again he got zero points.

"Ugggghhhhhhh!!!!"

He then picked up ball four and rolled it and it went into the 50 point section.

"Ok, now we're talking."

Then he rolled the last ball and it went into the zero point section.

"I think the game doesn't like me as much as it used to."

"Let me give it a shot." Chloe said as she put in a token and the five balls appeared, then she picked up the first ball and rolled it and it went into the 100 point section.

Chloe picked up ball two and again it went in the 100 point section.

Connor's jaw hit the ground.

When Chloe rolled the third ball, it landed in the 100 point section for the third straight time and landed in the 50 points for the last two throws as a bunch tickets came out.

"Can you believe i got beat in skee ball by a 10 year old?" Connor said to himself as he rolled his eyes, then Kendall scored 150 points and then they left the arcade and headed to an amusement park which was on the pier called Pacific Park. "What do you guys want to do next?"

"How about we go on the roller coaster called West Coaster?" Kendall suggested pointing at the roller coaster.

"You're a little thrill seeker, aren't ya?" Chloe asked her teammate.

"I just wanted to see what it's like."

"If that's what you want, let's do it!" Connor exclaimed as he, Kendall and Chloe all headed in line to ride the coaster and the line wasn't as crowded and 10 minutes later, they paid for the tickets and got on the roller coaster.

"That was fun!" Chloe said. "Let's head to the ferris wheel."

"We can do that, i remember when my mom would bring me here and we'd go on the ferris wheel and at night, it would provide a light show and we'd watch it."

"Wow, that would be awesome to see." Kendall said, then they headed to the ferris wheel and after that, they had a fun day by playing games and eating and then it was 4:55 PM and the sun was setting and the ferris wheel showed off an impressive light show.

"Wow, that's so amazing."

"It sure is." Chloe added.

"When it comes to a light show, it always puts on a fantastic show." Connor said, then they left and headed to the escalade, Connor got in the driver's seat, Kendall got in the passenger seat.

"We had a lot of fun today!" Kendall said to Connor.

"We sure did. We should do it again sometime." Chloe added as Connor gave a smile, then he dropped them off at their houses and then he headed home.