Chapter 28: Honoring Connor

A month has passed and the month was June and the girls were standing in Studio A after Abby and Connor had just did the pyramid.

"We won't be heading to a competition this week because we are going to have the annual Abby Lee Dance Company concert, and it is going to showcase all of the dancers that are in the studio." Abby explained, then she noticed that Paige had raised her hand. "Yes, Paige?"

"What's going to be the theme of the concert?" Paige wondered.

"Well, did you know 20 years ago on this day, Connor began to dance for my studio? I've been his teacher from start to finish." Abby told them.

"I remember you telling us that." Maddie said.

"Maybe we can make the theme: Happy 20 years of Dancing, Connor Miller. We can honor him because we love him." Brooke suggested.

"I love you all too." Connor said as Abby wrapped an arm around him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"What do you all think?" Kendall wondered.

"Sounds like a good idea." Nia stated.

"Abby, me and the other moms have an idea." Christi offered.

Abby walked over to the moms as Connor and the girls looked on. "What's your idea?"

"Here's what we came up with..." Hollie stated as she, Holly, Christi, Kelly, Melissa, Jill and Abby huddled and were whispering.

"That sounds like a great idea!" Abby exclaimed quietly so no one would hear her or the moms.

"I'll head to the front desk if you need me." Connor stated as he left the studio room.

"Ok, Connor." Kelly said as she saw him leaving the studio room for the front desk and the girls, senior dancers and the little ones were rehearsing for the recital.

Five days later, it was the night of the Abby Lee Dance Company's recital, which would showcase dances by dancers of the studio, but this was a special night, because they were honoring Connor and after people filed in, the lights went out and coming out was Jennine Wedge.

"Good evening, everybody. We are very honored to be here tonight to celebrate two decades of one of the most extraordinary dancers in the history of the Abby Lee Dance Company, Connor Miller. Connor was born on July 5, 1990 here in Los Angeles, California. After his biological mother passed away from childbirth, he was then adopted by Abby Lee Miller the same day. Ever since the age of 2, Connor knew that dance was in his blood and Abby taught him very well. He's admired great dancers like Gregory Hines, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and so many other legendary dancers and he combined their styles. Now, 20 years later after he started to dance, he has accomplished so many things in his life, six national titles, five regional titles, a five time mr dance of california, danced for Queen Elizabeth II when he was 11 years old and he made his first television appearance on Dancing with the stars when he was 15 years old. passed it down to a current era of ALDC dancers and to start the concert tonight, we have Nick Dobbs performing the solo that won Connor his fourth straight national title, Speed Demon!"

Nick came out to applause in a racer's outfit and Connor had a smile on his face, watching his old solo being performed by one of the current ALDC dancers.

"He did the solo, just like you did, but it wasn't energetic as your style." Gianna told her boyfriend.

"Well, he did a good job doing the solo." Connor observed.

Two hours and 30 minutes later, After several of Connor's old dances were performed by the elite junior team, the hot shots and the seniors, the show was nearing it's end and there was one more dance.