Chapter 3: Rehearsing

Up in the Viewing Room, Melissa, Christi, Kelly, Holly, Hollie and Jill all came upstairs and sat down and were gonna watch the rehearsals.

"Jill, welcome to Dance Jail aka the viewing room. This is where we watch our daughters work on their routines." Holly told her.

"Where are you from, Jill?" Hollie asked.

"We originally lived in Oceanside, but this past summer, we moved here to Los Angeles."

"What was the dance studio that Kendall used to dance at?"

"Originally, Kendall danced at the Oceanside Dance Academy when we lived in Oceanside."

"Did you have any thoughts about coming here and hopefully being on the team?" Kelly wondered.

"We thought about it at times, but we were kinda apprehensive at first because we heard some not so great things about Abby to be honest with you."

"Before you came here, we beat your old studio whenever we competed against each other." Melissa told Jill. "Chloe and Maddie have competed against Kendall and they won big time last year."

"Since then, Kendall used that as motivation and she has come a long way." Jill told them.

"We've come a long way as well." Christi said. "What do you think of Connor? He's Abby's son."

"I think he's kinda cute, but i know he can be kinda tough like Abby can. When i met him yesterday, he was the first to greet me and my daughter" Jill stated.

"I said the same thing about Connor when i first brought Brooke to the studio back in 2000, he was 10 at the time and he had short hair and ever since that day, he's been a helpful guy." Kelly said.

"Did you know he loves taking pictures?" Holly told

"No i didn't." Jill said.

"Whenever Connor brings his camera with him, he'll snap away. He has a collection of photos from his younger days and from what Abby told me, he had been taking pictures since he was six years old."

"Wow, that's cool to know."

Back down in Studio A, Brooke, Brookie, Kendall, Paige, Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe and Nia had finished stretching and were about to work on the group dance with Abby, Connor and Gianna while the moms were going to watch, then the girls began to do their dance as Abby and Connor were watching out for flaws.

"Point that foot, Nia! We've talked about this!" Connor yelled as he saw Nia sickle her foot and he noticed that Kendall wasn't using facial expressions in the group dance, to him and Abby, facial expressions were very important in dances. "Kendall, use your face, that's what wins first place!"

The girls continued to dance and when Maddie attempted to do a triple pirouette, but she fell as Chloe did the triple pirouette cleanly and everyone else did it decently.

"MADDIE YOU DUNDERHEAD!" Abby screeched. "MACKENZIE COULD DO THAT MOVE BETTER THAN YOU CAN EVEN WITH HER EYES CLOSED!"

Maddie felt tears in her eyes hearing the insult that Abby had just said to her, usually she or connor wouldn't insult her, but it seemed like she had been replaced as the favorite of the Abby Lee Dance Company, and when a tear fell down her face, Connor saw it.

"Maddie, save those tears for your pillow, Ding Dong!" Connor yelled as Melissa glared at him and Abby berating Maddie and eventually, they finished the group dance. Then Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke H, Paige, Brooke K and Kendall all left for the dancers den, leaving Chloe in Studio A to work on her solo.

"Chloe, we may be tough on you, but it's only to make you one of the best dancers and at last year's nationals, you proved it to us and showed us that you have a very special talent and we are extremely proud of you and we are very lucky to have you a part of this team." Abby told Chloe.