Chapter 29: Solo Week and Connor's 22nd

Two weeks had passed and in that timeframe, the girls had won the previous two competitions and Chloe got first for her solos, the w the group dance won it was July 2nd and in the parking lot of the Abby Lee Dance Company, Connor was just getting out of his escalade and walked to the entrance of his mother's studio and saw that Abby had a birthday hat on her head.

"Hi, mom." Connor stated, giving Abby a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello, sweetie." Abby replied.

Then he walked into Studio A and saw that Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige, Brookie, Chloe, Kendall, Melissa, Holly, Kelly, Hollie, Christi, Jill and Gianna had birthday hats on their heads.

"Ok, i get the memo, i know my birthday's in three days!" Connor told them.

"We know, Miss Abby told us to wear birthday hats in case you didn't get the memo that your birthday is coming." Hollie told him.

"Yep, we're all gonna come over for your birthday." Gianna told him and then after Abby came in and did the pyramid, she spoke again.

"All right girls, with Nationals nearing, we're not going to have a group dance for this upcoming competition, because it is solo week and what that means is that you girls all have solos and that will determine who will be competing at Nationals." Abby told them as the girls and their moms had smiles on their faces. "Connor, can you tell them the solo assignments?"

"All right, here are the assignments. Chloe, your solo is a Ballet routine called Carnival Waltz. Maddie, your solo is a Contemporary routine called Someday. Mackenzie your solo is a Lyrical routine called Bottom Of The River. Nia, your solo is a Jazz routine called Rhythm Nation. Brooke, your solo is a Hip Hop routine called Jam On It, Paige your solo is a Contemporary routine called Music Box. Kendall, your solo is a Lyrical routine called Simple As This and Brookie, your solo is a Jazz routine called Little Bitty Pretty One and remember, it's every dancer for herself." Connor explained.

"Also, before we get started, whoever places first and second in the elite junior soloist and the mini soloist division have the right to compete at Nationals, the ones who place third through six won't have solos at Nationals, but will be in the group dance." Abby added.

"Everyone, you better get your passports, because we will be headed to Toronto, Canada to Starquest. All right, we don't have anytime to waste, so let's get started. Moms, you are dismissed and girls, spread out and warm up!" Connor barked as Melissa, Christi, Kelly, Holly, Jill and Hollie all headed upstairs to the viewing room.

"Question for you all." Hollie said.

"Ask away." Melissa told her.

"Who do you think is the heavy favorite to win the four solos that are on the line?"

"I think this could be Brooke and/or Paige's time." Kelly answered.

"You never know, Maddie might get back in the good books of Abby and Connor." Melissa stated.

"You know Maddie and Mackenzie haven't been in favor of Abby and Connor since last year's nationals." Holly told them.

"Hey, let's watch and see who gets the solos and hope for the best." Christi said. "Did you all get presents for Connor's birthday?"

"Yes we did." Jill said. "On Thursday, we'll go to his house and hand them to him."

"Sounds like a plan." Holly agreed.

Thursday had finally arrived three days later and on that day, Connor was no longer 21, he was now 22 as he was asleep that morning at 9:00 AM in his bedroom and then he started to open his eyes and when he opened them, he saw that Abby was standing next to his bed with Maryen on the other side.